Believers and Non-Believers - What does this scripture mean?

by cantleave 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cantleave
    cantleave

Heaven I agree, either that or they go through mental gymnastics like those quoted by Blondie above.

• tec
    tec

There are a few explanations out there as to possibilities. Perhaps they were simply attracted to the patterns on the sticks, and so crossed over and bred when Jacob put them out there. When he did not put them out, there was nothing to draw/attract them over.

Whatever the explanation for the process, God send Jacob a dream, letting him know to ask for those in the flock that would be speckled, etc, because those were the ones that were going to be numerous. Jacob listened, and as a result, he received.

Doesn't have to be that difficult.

Peace,

tammy

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

All things are possible in Fantasy Land.

• HarryMac
    HarryMac

If you won't accept this then I think you have an attitude problem.

You seem to be 'Too smart for the truth!'

• prologos
    prologos

Smart people always had trade secrets and in the past, ancient scientists, or their handlers (priests) presented these findings as HOLY, hidden in their incantations (the sticks in this story). to profit or awe their subjects.

wt is exploiting modern techniques, and presents them as "Holy" too.

• still thinking
    still thinking

Is this the story of how zebras got stripes? Does in go on to clarify if they were white with black stripes...or black with white stripes?

Genetics in the bible is just so advanced....it's hard to get your head around sometimes....LOL

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

People, even prophets, are products of their environments. Today's Christians who believe that every word of the Bible came directly from God Himself. But there's the matter of superstition. God hasn't revealed everything to His prophets. They aren't all seeing, all knowing. Paul made more than a few comments that were his own personal opinion. I see no problem that prophets can believe in superstitious beliefs.

I'm finding it quite difficult to believe that genetic makeup can be altered just by viewing some sticks.

If you want to go that route, how about the people bitten by the "fiery serpents" in the desert? Moses was commanded to erect a brazen serpent which, when viewed, would heal those who looked upon it. It was later seen as a type and shadow of Christ, and that whoso would believe on Him would be saved.

• StAnn
    StAnn

LOL @ still thinking!

• return of parakeet
    return of parakeet

The phrase "old wives' tale" comes to mind.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Where's the twit who claimed that these Bible characters deserved our RESPECT because they were more than ignorant goatherds?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit