Kingdom Hall has WiFI now

by 5go 10 Replies latest jw friends

• 5go
    5go

I hacked it the password was so easy to guess. 1914watchtower.

OK I lied I just asked a brother in the know. OK I lied again the brother volunteered it I didn't even ask for it. It still would of been in my top 1000 guesses. So far no firewalls preventing me from any sites.

• HarryMac
    HarryMac

You going to watch Netflix during the meeting?

• Scott77
    Scott77

You going to watch Netflix during the meeting?
    HarryMac

No, better read http://www.jehovahs-witness.net or Freeminds.org during the meeting.

Scott77

• cantleave
  • srd
    srd

Bought time we got Wifi in heaven! What else are we going to do there?

• 5go
    5go

I was downloading comic books to read in the back the whole time.

Ah information age has made the old comic book in church cliche so easy to get away with.

• jws
    jws

What's going on in KH's these days that they need wifi in the first place?

Do they have the audio handled through wireless mic's? Do they show special produced programs from NY that are broadcast over the internet?

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

See the May 2016 CLAM Workbook, bottom of page 2

(replacement of the Kingdom Ministry, CLAM stands for Christian Life and Ministry)

Link to image

• Simon
    Simon
    Do they have the audio handled through wireless mic's? Do they show special produced programs from NY that are broadcast over the internet?

Yes to both of those.

But mostly they are turning into a lifestyle religion. JW-lite.

They don't care if you want to show up and surf the web on your tablet or play Pokemon Go. Oh, as long as there is a chance you will contribute something every now and then and help make the place look busy.

Worse scenario for them is empty KH's, not enticing people with free stuff. Everyone should stop going for a month and they'd probably start offering breakfast and donuts on Sunday morning.

• jws
    jws

They have an app now???

But it sounds like you mostly download stuff to your device. It doesn't sound interactive. Like I don't have to be online to flip page-to-page in the Watchtower. I have to download the whole thing first. On the other hand, maybe searching is onlne and you get shown books you can choose to download?

So the wifi is primarily for convenience. In case you forgot to pre-download your watchtower or bible study book ahead of time? And didn't have cellular data to spare?

Next thing you know, they'll have apps to track your field service. Turn it on when you start, turn it off when you're done and it automatically gets filed. Probably requiring GPS to be enabled so they can make sure you're not just sitting at home turning it on and off.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit