what does grace mean to JHW?

by evangelist 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jst_me
    jst_me

I never heard of the concept of grace until I went back to college and had to study Flannery O'Connor. Grace is a beautiful concept to me.

• COMF
    COMF

Evangelists occasionally come to our forum knowing nothing about us, our beliefs, or our experiences in life; pretending to be seeking the answers to questions but actually only looking for an opener to start preaching bullshit about the trinity and other doctrinal dogmatic pap.

Grace is what we show them when we don't immediately rip them a new asshole.

COMF

• tyydyy
    tyydyy

Grace = Another code word for another religion.

Why don't religions say what they mean instead of using code words intended to stir emotions?

TimB

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    No one believes that they have been predestinated to salvation

Oh, really? That's not what I hear!

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"If our hopes for peace are placed in the hands of imperfect people, they are bound to evaporate."

- Ron Hutchcraft Surviving the Storms of Stress

• Justin
    Justin

ozzie,

What I meant is that JWs do not believe that any given individual has been predestinated from the foundation of the world to be saved. The JW belief is that God foresaw what kind of people he would save, or the class of people that would be saved, but did not assign anyone to salvation before they were even created or born. On the other hand, many Christian belief systems include this aspect as part of "grace," emphasizing that it has nothing to do with a person's efforts to be saved. When I said "No one believes" this, I was referring to JWs. Of course, there might be some who think they will survive Armageddon just because they are JWs (though, with the WT's constant browbeating I don't know how they could think so), but that's an entirely different matter from being predestined before the foundation of the world.

Justin

• Bang
    Bang
    JWs do not believe that any given individual has been predestinated

But,
    "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you"

Searching away they've really missed the whole trip. Why haven't fundamentalists got the fundamentals? It's not really a good name for them I think.

Grace is what we show them when we don't immediately rip them a new asshole.
    Comf, your still analysing like JWs. Grace isn't just undeserved kindness, it includes notions like free gift and charm and beauty - no guilts, probations etc.

Bang

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

evangelist:
    You aren't doing yourself any favours, on this board, with the nickname you've chosen.

Justin:
    Agreed.
    Grace was the first doctrine I studied without JW blinkers, after my eyes were opened.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit