CO reveals meaning of Ps 91

by VioletAnai 13 Replies latest jw friends

• VioletAnai
    VioletAnai

Had Co visit this week...very interesting...about this dangerous world. Yesterday he revealed the meaning of Ps 91. Here are my notes on it if yer interested.

Ps 91:1-3 - Anyone Dwelling in the secret place of the Most high, will procure himself lodging under the very shadow of the Almighty one. I will say to Jehovah "You are my refuge and my stronghold, my God in whom I trust". For he himself will deliver you from the trap of the birdcatcher. From the pestilence causing adversities.

The secret place of the most high is a figurative place of refuge - under Jehovahs shadow

The trap of the birdcatcher is Satan - the birdcatcher, the trap - the world and all it schemes. Cross reference Jeremiah 5:26. Birdcatcher studied each type of bird and their patterns and set various traps accordingly. So Jah will protect us if we are under his shadow by warning us of satans tricks....thru the bible.

Pestilence of adverisities is world nationalism - truly a pestilence of hate. Causing adversity in predjudice, wars, hate crime, tax burdens to fund weaponry.

Ps 91:4 - With his pinions he will block approach to you and under his wings you will take refuge. His trueness will be a large shield and bullwark.

If we live to Jah's standards in trueness, he will be a protection, large shield etc from Satans attacks.Cross reference Ps 121:5-8

Ok so at this point Satans trap for birdcatching is this whole, sorry world and all it promotes.....there is freedom in the truth where as in the world it is a restrictive, vicious cycle.

Ps 91:5-6 - You will not be afraid of anything dreadful by night, nor of the arrow that flies by day. Nor of the pestilence that walks in the gloom, nor of the destruction that despoils at midday.

Anything dreadful at night is the schemes this world throws at us and the arrow that flies by day is verbal attacks. We won't cower in the face of the world and it's traps. Cross reference Ps 64:3-5.

Pestilence that walks in the gloom is the world in in regards to the plague of spiritual darkness - Jah's purposes and requirements - they are in a fog so to speak

The destruction that spoils at midday is human intellectualism and advancement - the enlightenment of mankind. Man is putting faith in his own hands rather than Jah. This can cause destruction of spirituality. Cross reference 1 Tim 6:20.

Ps 91:7-10 - A thousand will fall at your very side and ten thousand will not come near. Only with your eyes will you look on and see the retribution itself of the wicked ones. Because you said "Jehovah is my refuge you have made the most high himself your dwelling. NO calamity will befall you and not even a plague will draw near to your tent.

Ok so this means we don't fall prey to the traps because we are aware of them under Jah's direction and can only look with our eyes. And if we stay under Jah's shadow no calamity will befall us. Draw away from the world and we will be protected from its plagues.

Ps 91:11-12 - For he will give his own angels a command concerning you. To guard you in all your ways. Upon their hands they will carry you that you may not strike your foot against any stone.

The angels have in the past intervened in the lives of faithful witnesses for Jah's purpose. Angels have been commanded to protect Jah's people. Guarded from stumbling spiritually if we stay close to Jah.

Ps 91:13 - Upon the young lion and the cobra and you will tread. You will trample down the maned young lion and the big snake.

The young lion and the cobrad, maned young lion, big snake is of course Satan![/]. Cross reference Genensis and 1 Peter - mentions snake and lion respectively.

Ps 91:14-16 - Because on me he has set his affection. I shall also provide him with escape. I shall protect him because he has come to know my name. He will call upon me and I shall answer him. I shall be with him in distress. I shall rescue him and glorify him. With length of days I shall satisfy himm and I shall cause him to see slavation by me.

Jah will provide escape [i]if we stay close to him and seek refuge by staying loyal and keeping integrety to Jah and following all his commandments. Every one who calls on the name of Jah(in faith) will be saved - Romans 10:11-13. Our biggest problem is spiritual calamity - such as apostasy....

Dwell in the secret place of Jah and he will protect you - listen to all that he has instructed us to do and Satan won't be able to catch us in his birdtrap - we'll be wise to him.

Interesting huh? I was engrossed with the speaker.

Can I have opinions please?

[i]Mad Cow signing off!

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy
    Jah will provide escape [i]if we stay close to him and seek refuge by staying loyal and keeping integrety to Jah and following all his commandmentsand answer 250 questions correctly and sign a contract.
    Every one who calls on the name of Jah(in faith) will be saved - Romans 10:11-13.

And then he threw in for good measure?

Our biggest problem is spiritual calamity - such as apostasy....
    Did he offer any examples of what justifies "spiritual calamity?"
    Smoking a cigg?
    Being courteous to someone who kicked out of the clubhouse?

No matter how thin you slice it there are always two sides
  • VioletAnai
    VioletAnai

I think when they mention apostacy it's in the sense that when your spirituality and relationship with Jehovah are affected, not whether you've chugged a beer or two to many or chuffed on a ciggy!!!

This talk is telling us to watch for satans traps, such as turning us into bitter, twisted, closeminded, hurting, individuals thru turning us away from bible truth thru this world's bright and flashy lights...

SOME and I only say some apostates are bent on wreaking other peoples spirituality and this is not on! The bible has the answers not human beings.

I thought about the state of the world last night and whether I truly believe what the CO said. I thought, well WHAT does the world have to offer? Murder, crime, suicide, death, old age, sickness, hate, poverty, starvation, greed, mismanagement, pollution, illness caused by pollution, war, filth, debased behaviour, family hatred....I pretty much balk at that!!!!

But then there is the prize the bible offers, everlasting life, youth, vitality, peace, paradise, animal companionship, contentment with family, toling for oneself and benefiting yourself from your toil, instruction from Jehovah on how to really enjoy life the way he intended us to and reaching human perfection. No satan to bring us down to his level because of his jealousy.......

Nut, definitely not worth hoping for..... Rolls eyes!

Mad Cow signing off!

• Naeblis
    Naeblis

LOL

• VioletAnai
    VioletAnai

Naeblis:

DO YOU HAVE TO BE A JERK ALL THE TIME . Obviously you don't have anything intelligent to say....all the time....as you are constantly an acidic bastard.

I want opinions of their 'new light' not mindlessness........

[>:(] [>:(]

• Naeblis
    Naeblis

LOL

• gravedancer
    gravedancer
    I thought about the state of the world last night and whether I truly believe what the CO said. I thought, well WHAT does the world have to offer? Murder, crime, suicide, death, old age, sickness, hate, poverty, starvation, greed, mismanagement, pollution, illness caused by pollution, war, filth, debased behaviour, family hatred....I pretty much balk at that!!!!

But then there is the prize the bible offers, everlasting life, youth, vitality, peace, paradise, animal companionship, contentment with family, toling for oneself and benefiting yourself from your toil, instruction from Jehovah on how to really enjoy life the way he intended us to and reaching human perfection. No satan to bring us down to his level because of his jealousy.......

Open up your mind and let me step inside
    Rest your weary head and let your heart decide
    It's so easy when you know the rules
    It's so easy all you have to do
    Is worship Tinkerbell

• VioletAnai
    VioletAnai

AAAAAUUUUUGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Mad Cow signing off!

• Farkel
    Farkel

: Had Co visit this week...very interesting...about this dangerous world. Yesterday he revealed the meaning of Ps 91. Here are my notes on it if yer interested.

:Ps 91:1-3 - Anyone Dwelling in the secret place of the Most high, will procure himself lodging under the very shadow of the Almighty one. I will say to Jehovah "You are my refuge and my stronghold, my God in whom I trust". For he himself will deliver you from the trap of the birdcatcher. From the pestilence causing adversities.

: The secret place of the most high is a figurative place of refuge - under Jehovahs shadow

: The trap of the birdcatcher is Satan - the birdcatcher, the trap - the world and all it schemes...

Sure. The interpretation doesn’t make any logical sense because of what JWs already teach! Assuming that those words were written only say, 2,500 years ago, they would not have had a single bit of value for anyone reading them up until the present day. Why? Well, because according to the WTS, almost all of the people who didn’t put their trust in Jehovah and use Jehovah as their refuge are going to receive a resurrection anyway. So it doesn’t matter whether they read those words, didn’t read those words, read those words and obeyed those words or read those words and didn’t obey those words. They’re all going to be resurrected REGARDLESS of those words. And it doesn’t matter if people in the time of Chuck Russell heeded those words or not, either. They’re all going to receive a resurrection, too, since their also all dead.

According to what dubs teach and believe it only applies to those people who will be alive at the time of Armageddon. (Those poor, unlucky bastards who by an accident-of-birth happen to be the ones God is going to slaughter, including decent folks and little kids, while the most vile and evil adults of past centuries will all get another shot at eternal salvation. God just ain't fair. Never was.)

Therefore, if the society’s interpretation is going to be accepted, it would have to be admitted that those words were WORTHLESS for at least 25 centures after they were written. Now, if God would have had those words written say, 10 years ago, dub interpretation might make sense. That is, IF Armageddon will come “real soon now.”

Now why would God cause those words to be written and such an interpretation to be given that had virtually no value for all those poor saps who read and believed them for the last 25 centuries?

Since the first assertion made by the CO has just been shown to be either idiotic or entirely illogical, everything else he asserted that follows must also fall into the sewer where it belongs.

: Pestilence of adverisities is world nationalism - truly a pestilence of hate.

Right. It is much more acceptable to have the pestilence of world RELIGIOUS nationalism. THAT pestilence of hate as practiced by dubs and their leaders is then perfectly acceptable, huh?

Farkel

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

OHHHHH PUUUHHH-LLEEEEAEEEESSSS

WT 12/1/74

THE MENACING "TRAP" OF THE "BIRDCATCHER"

14 "For," says the psalmist in detailing just how the things mentioned in the first two verses are true and realistic, "he himself will deliver you from the trap of the birdcatcher, from the pestilence causing adversities."-Ps. 91:3.

15 The language here is figurative, pictorial, for we are not literal birds in danger of the trap of a literal "birdcatcher." But the likening of us to birds "under the very shadow of the Almighty One" is carried forward here. The psalmist David likens himself and his companions to birds that have actually been caught in the trap, but from which they have been delivered. In Psalm 124:1-8 he says: 16 In fulfillment of that prophetic psalm, Jehovah God did break the trap in which the anointed remnant of spiritual Israel was caught. It was the trap sprung by Babylon the Great and her political, judicial, military accomplices. In the spring of the postwar year of 1919 Jehovah broke that trap for his repentant remnant and did not let the "baiters," the symbolic birdcatchers, sink their teeth into the flesh of the trapped "bird." Thereafter the escaped remnant of spiritual Israel were taken into the "secret place of the Most High," and "under the very shadow of the Almighty One." Yet a "trap" is still set for them by a "birdcatcher," and Jehovah must deliver them from being caught in it.

17 Who, then, is that "birdcatcher," and what is his "trap"? It has long been discerned and agreed to that the symbolic "birdcatcher" is Satan the Devil. Away back in the issue of March 1, 1904, of the Watch Tower, the article entitled "Under His Wings!" commented on Psalm 91:3 and said regarding "the snare of the fowler," that this was "the deceptions of Satan, in which all those not protected shall stumble." (Page 74, column 2) A much later issue of The Watch Tower agreed with that and said: "It seems certain that 'the fowler' here named by the prophet is the Devil, and that his snare consists of his methods employed, and by his organization, working in divers and numerous deceptive ways to entrap those who claim to be servants of the Most High God." (Page 231, paragraph 37, of the Watch Tower issue of August 1, 1927, presenting the first of a series of three articles on Psalm 91, Authorized Version) Of all the symbolic "fowlers" or "birdcatchers" referred to in the Bible, Satan the Devil is the outstanding one.

In other words, they are leaving themselves open to adding anything or anybody to the 'birdcatcher' ranks as they please.

UADNA-US (Unseen Apostate Directorate of North America-United States)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit