A little update

by Bucholz 13 Replies latest jw experiences

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

What an awful situation. I think Billy's suggestions are good ones.

What worries me is that my brother had been living a pretty happy and balanced life, and now all of this .

His parents, with their new fanaticism, may be storing up trouble for themselves anyway, then. He's 10; he'll soon hit his teen years; he'll have strong memories of the 'happy and balanced life' to compare with the new dubbie life suddenly thrust upon him. Just be there for him when you can - he'll need you.

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

Bucholz-You could ask your little brother questions that come from the Bible Stories book, such as 'Why do you think Jehovah let Aaron make a golden calf to worship and he didn't get punished, but the man who was picking up wood on the Sabbath Day stoned to death?' 'Which do you think was the worse sin, leading a whole bunch of people astray from worshipping God, or trying to make a fire to cook your food?'

Use critical thinking questions and reasoning, let him work the answers out for himself though, so your mom can't say that you've been telling him apostate things.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Hi there, sorry to hear about this situation you're in. Just wondering...could you get your mum's hubby on his own and give him some warnings? Not sure if its possible for you. Just a thought?

Loz x

• jgnat
    jgnat

There's all sorts of ways that kids keep in touch with each other these days. My granddaughter (12 going on 13) has her preferred method, and I don't think her mom has even figured it out yet. Grandmas (and sisters and aunties) gotta adjust to the times. Find out how your brother likes to communicate and respond in kind. I did warn my daughter that these days kids need to learn to text so she did get my granddaughter something she could text with.

Without mentioning the religion, you can ask open-ended challenging questions of your brother that helps him think.

You don't have to openly despair over his latest achievements at the Kingdom Hall, simply broaden his thinking and exposure to new ideas.

I think it is time to move out. IMO.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit