All the damage I have done

by Elsewhere 14 Replies latest jw friends

• CornerStone
    CornerStone

I'm glad most all my efforts at bringing people "in" resulted in FAILURE. I don't like to push things on people they don't want, which is why I made such a horrible shoe-salesman.

CornerStone

• Gopher
    Gopher
    the only person responsible for your actions is you. Its called responsibility folks. Try it sometime.

OK, that was a nice one. I'm damn irresponsible, and thanks for helping me mend my ways. OK: here goes: I didn't bring anyone "into the organization", and I'm really glad for that. However, I did try!! And, I did encourage those who were in to stay in.

But why beat ourselves over something that happened before? Maybe it's part of the grieving process, part of exiting. If someone became or stayed a JW, it was partly due to our efforts. They themselves now have the main responsibility, because they're currently still staying in it!! That's all I meant to say. (Yes we all had our part in it, in the past.)

-J.R., member, UADNA-MN
    (Unseen Apostate Directorate of North America - Minnesota division)

This post was not evaluated by any mental health professionals.
    Any opinions expressed are those of a fuzzy, cuddly rodent.

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

Elsewhere...don't worry...be happy!

It wasn't you who bought them in...it was Jehovah's holy spirit...remember

Beck

• Prisila
    Prisila

Gopher:

I agree. After all, weren't we taught we weren't responsible for someone accepting "the truth." I planted, someone else watered but God made it grow. (Something like that, English is second language).

Sounds fatal or tumorous-like (growing). lol

I helped one lady . . . We studied the Live Forever Book all except the last chapter. She moved to Columbia and baptized there. OOOOH! there was another . . . believe it or not in a huge district assembly at Dodger Stadium (I was selling the plants after it was all over for donations), someone came to me and said that I gave here two magazines. I remebered her even a lot of time had passed. I re-visited her and she never was home. Turns out she moved elsewhere, studied and became a Witness to this day. Funny huh?

• SloBoy
    SloBoy

Great post,
    Thank-you all for your honest sharing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit