I am free

by new hope and happiness 20 Replies latest jw experiences

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

Thanks again eveyone for the welcome.

irondork i am not interested in reading Ray Frantz books but i have heard of them . I am however using my new found freedom to write my own book its called " One six and sixty- nine" and i look foward to sharing some chapters on this site. Site guidelines permitting!

Actually the title is more for attention purposes and the book itself is humour.

• whathappened
    whathappened

Welcome to the forum. I will look back and read your first post, I must have missed it.

• flipper
    flipper

NEW HOPE AND HAPPINESS- Welcome to the board my friend ! Many of us here have free minds as well and are happy to be here for you as a support with unconditional caring and friendship. myself included. No angles, no agendas- just offer support. Nice to have you here. Look forward to your views. Take care, Peace out, mr. Flipper

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

thanks flipper: Actually i have decided upon a very simple viewpoint to ENJOY MY NEW-FOUND FREEDOM.

• Ding
    Ding

Welcome!

Freedom can be frightening when a JW first leaves the organization.

There's a certain sense of security in having a "faithful and discreet slave" to give you all of life's answers... even if they are wrong.

Glad you are enjoying the liberation.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Hey new hope & happiness - AWESOME! You don't need people like the GB who know absolutely nothing about serving you up spiritual slosh that you have to slurp down. Those days are done. You are a person that can think and reason for yourself now. You can choose what you want to read and I totally encourage you to do that - embrace new experiences (I've been on budhist retreats and had the time of my life, or gone to a hindu temple and to a happy clappy church - I do not believe what they do but am happy to just experience it for experience sake)

Yes you don't know everything, you don't need too. When you read something and it reasonates within, you take it and you use - let that be your guide.

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

Welcome New hope and happiness! The CO asked my mother whether I wanted to come back. I look after my mother and she still associates. So, she said, no, not in the least. He then aked whether I am not guilty of a serious sin somehow. My mother answered no, she would have noticed (we live in a small town and there is not much mischief one can get up to without somebody noticing).

I was very angry about this until I thought about it. No reason to feel grieved, I am free. I told her, next time he asks, tell him there is one sin that I am guilty of, and one that I freely admit. I'm like the Pharisee, thanking the Lord constantly that I am not like the lowly taxcollector (the deluded, pioneering JW that hangs on the lips of the GB). See Luk. 18:9-15. I am able to think for myself. I don't need anybody to think for me. I am truly free!

• tiki
    tiki

Nothing like freedom! Free to think, to feel, to be the individual you are - no longer tormented into a robotic mind-numbing routine that really always went against the grain but that you accepted because of the perpetual damnation of guilt.........

vidqun - it galls me that the assumption is that if you are no longer part of their group you must be some sort of evil deviate. some of us have ethical standards that we live by - irrespective of religious beliefs or associations. and some of the most ethically poor people that i have ever known in my life were staunch jw's. go figure.

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

Tiki, agreed. If you have a conscience, and it is working, you will leave, otherwise you might become a sharer in their sins.

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

Thanks guys

I think freedoom is all about a way to live and think. As a witness i used to look outside myself for approval....what will they like. Now i think ....what makes me happy?

I look forward to debating some of these issues. INDEPENDENT thinking is its own reward.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit