The Mark of The Wild Beast, How Does One Receive It? 666

by Este 34 Replies latest watchtower bible

• poppers
    poppers

Este, on this Memorial Day Weekend you insult all Americans with your denigration of our military, a military, I might add, that has ensured that you may enjoy and benefit from the freedoms this country provides you.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Este: No, by taking part in war and by supporting war........

---

Similar to the nation of ancient Israel- god's people?

• mP
    mP

The "Beast" is nero, and 666 just spells his name. Nero was a despot, and amongst his many exploits was killing of jews. The author of Rev hated nero for this.

There is no prophecy its just an angry jew writing abotu how he hates Nero. If you read Neros life you will understand the symbolism in Rev.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Number_of_the_beast

In most New Testament manuscripts, the number is rendered as 666, but the variant 616 is found in critical editions of the Greek text , such as the Novum Testamentum Graece . [3]

616 [edit]
    This fragment from Papyrus 115 (P115)of Revelation in the 66th vol. of theOxyrhynchus series (P. Oxy. 4499) [14] has the number of the beast as 616.

Other Revelation manuscripts, such as Papyrus 115 and Codex Ephraemi Rescriptus (C; Paris, one of the four great uncial codices), reads the number of the beast in 13:18 as 616.

P115 (P. Oxy. 4499), located at Oxford University's Ashmolean Museum, dates to around 300 AD. The manuscript is one of the oldest fragments of Revelation [15] [16] containing Chapters 2–15. It agrees with both Codex Alexandrinus and Codex Ephraemi Rescriptus, two of the best-known witnesses to Revelation. [17] However, only Codex Ephraemi agrees with the number 616, which is argued to be the original reading of the Greek text, [18] [19] [20] written out as: ?ξακ?σιοι δ?κα ?ξ ,hexakosioi deka hex (lit. "six hundred and sixteen"). [21]

Although Irenaeus (2nd century AD) affirmed the number to be 666 and reported several scribal errors of the number, he knew about the 616 reading but did not adopt it (Haer. v. 30,3). However, several centuries later, correcting the existing Latin version of the New Testament, commonly referred to as the Vetus Latina, Jerome left 616 in. [22] "The number 666 has been substituted for 616 either by analogy with 888, the [Greek] number of Jesus (Deissmann), or because it is a triangular number, the sum of the first 36 numbers (1+2+3+4+5+6...+36 = 666)". [23]

The number 616 can still be found in the Latin version of Tyconius [24] and an ancient Armenian version (ed. Conybaere, 1907).

Neron Caesar [edit]
    Bust of Nero at Musei Capitolini, Rome

It is widely accepted by many scholars that Roman Emperor Nero (ruling 54–68) is the first Beast of Revelation 13. This interpretation was received by enumerating his name and title Neron Caesar [27] to the Number of the Beast. [4] [28] [29] AnAramaic scroll from Murabba'at, dated to "the second year of Emperor Nero", refers to him by his name and title [30] where in Hebrew it is Nron Qsr (pronounced "Neron Kaisar"), and in Latin it is Nro Qsr (pronounced "Nero Kaisar"). [31]

Nron Qsr

The Greek version of the name and title transliterates into Hebrew as ???? ??? , and yields a numerical value of 666: [4] [30]

Resh (?)Samekh (?)Qoph (?)Nun (?)Vav (?)Resh (?)Nun (?)Sum
    Nro Qsr

The Latin version of the name drops the second Nun (?), so that it appears as Nro and transliterates into Hebrew as ??? ??? , yielding 616: [4]

Resh (?)Samekh (?)Qoph (?)Vav (?)Resh (?)Nun (?)Sum

In the Nero Redivivus legend, a belief that Nero returns to life is noted that "After Nero's suicide in AD 68, there was a widespread belief, especially in the eastern provinces, that he was not dead and somehow would return (Suetonius, LVII; Tacitus, Histories II.8; Dio, LXVI.19.3). Suetonius (XL) relates how court astrologers had predicted Nero's fall but that he would have power in the east. At least three false claimants did present themselves as Nero redivivus (resurrected)." [32] It has also been suggested that Nero's return to power [33] would be through emperor Domitian, [34] [35] whose style of rulership resembled that of Nero and who put the people of Asia (Lydia) under heavy taxation. [36]

• mP
    mP

JWB

I'm afraid Nambo is wrong. 666 is represented by the World Wide Web. You see the Hebrew letter Waw has a numeric value of 6. So, maybe the WTS are correct (for once) in warning people about using the internet.

mP:

The original value of the beast was 616, that would give the WBW whoever they are.

• JWB
    JWB

mP: Worldwide Brotherhood Web? Seriously, yes I am aware of the alternative 616. I just don't know why Revelation is used by so many people to make it fit somehow to the modern day. Thanks very much for your input.

[Added:] "The things that must shortly take place"

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

Is a threesome of lesbians

• Este
    Este

Este, on this Memorial Day Weekend you insult all Americans with your denigration of our military, a military, I might add, that has ensured that you may enjoy and benefit from the freedoms this country provides you.

And God proceeded to speak all these words, saying:

2"I am Jehovah your God, who have brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slaves.3You must not have any other gods against my face.

4"You must not make for yourself a carved image or a form like anything that is in the heavens above or that is on the earth underneath or that is in the waters under the earth.5You must not bow down to them nor be induced to serve them, because I Jehovah your God am a God exacting exclusive devotion, bringing punishment for the error of fathers upon sons, upon the third generation and upon the fourth generation, in the case of those who hate me;6but exercising loving-kindness toward the thousandth generation in the case of those who love me and keep my commandments.

7"You must not take up the name of Jehovah your God in a worthless way, for Jehovah will not leave the one unpunished who takes up his name in a worthless way.

8"Remembering the sabbath day to hold it sacred,9you are to render service and you must do all your work six days.10But the seventh day is a sabbath to Jehovah your God. You must not do any work, you nor your son nor your daughter, your slave man nor your slave girl nor your domestic animal nor your alien resident who is inside your gates.11For in six days Jehovah made the heavens and the earth, the sea and everything that is in them, and he proceeded to rest on the seventh day. That is why Jehovah blessed the sabbath day and proceeded to make it sacred.

12"Honor your father and your mother in order that your days may prove long upon the ground that Jehovah your God is giving you.

13"You must not murder.

14"You must not commit adultery.

15"You must not steal.

16"You must not testify falsely as a witness against your fellowman.

17"You must not desire your fellowman's house. You must not desire your fellowman's wife, nor his slave man nor his slave girl nor his bull nor his ass nor anything that belongs to your fellowman."

But, look! one of those with Jesus reached out his hand and drew his sword and struck the slave of the high priest and took off his ear.52Then Jesus said to him: "Return your sword to its place, for all those who take the sword will perish by the sword.

E.

• poppers
    poppers

Defending one's country to maintain its freedom is not murder, Este, and you know it. You are a myopic twit.

• Este
    Este

There is no justified reason to kill.....they war over resources so they kill to take them. Give me an example where killing is acceptable...

E.

• Terry
    Terry

This is the thread for Crazies!

If you want to hang out with Bigfoot chasers, people who vacation in Area 51 and have a peanut butter and jelly sandwich with Elvis this

sort of thread will pay off big time!

There were a great many apocalyptic writings just as there are today and all have about the same amount of factual content which is to say; ZERO!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit