Future NooLight: Let's get prophesying

by Sapphy 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Sapphy
    Sapphy

I've been thinking about how the governing body now say they are the faithful and discrete slave, and trying to think about how this will play out.

As I understand it, the 15th July WT now says that the FDS is identified with the governing body since 1971, and before that with a small group of anointed brothers taking the lead at watchtower HQ since 1919.

Of course they can't come out and say that the FDS before 1971 was the WT Board of Directors because for a few years in the late 1940s Hayden Covington was both on the board of directors, and he was Vice Pres of the WT Society too. Hayden Covington was not anointed and never claimed to be. He was 'other sheep' through and through.

So, maybe the next iteration of noolight might go something like this:

"Up until now only anointed brothers have served as members of FDS, however Jesus said that the two folds would become one flock. Is it not ever more evident that now, deep in the last days, the two folds are serving unitedly as one? Is there any scriptural precedent for non Israelites or non anointed to take the lead in serving kingdom interests? Why yes! Nethanim, John the Baptist, Hayden Covington...

So it is reasonable to conclude that as this system's end draws ever nearer Jehovah may see fit to appoint experienced and faithful brothers from among the other sheep class to serve alongside anointed brothers on the governing body. Jesus will apoint the good and faithful servant over all his belongings when all the anointed have recieved their heavenly rewards. After Armageddon when the marriage of the lamb is complete it is only natural that things will continue to take place 'orderly and by arrangement', how confident we can be that with the institution of the Governing body of other sheep Jehovah is safeguarding our spiritual paradise"

Or something like that.

What's your prediction for the next doctrinal 'adjustment'

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

They tried something before. They were called "helpers."

Excerpt from http://www.watchman.org/jw/anointd1.htm

In a 1989 edition of the Watchman Expositor, David Henke reported that steps were apparently already underway to slowly replace aged Anointed with younger members of the Great Crowd (Vol 6, No. 9, p. 1).

Henke pointed out that in the September 1989 Watchtower, three separate articles all indicated that non-anointed ones will be given new responsibilities previously reserved only for the Anointed.

The Society has now taken a major step in that direction.

In his current newsletter, Comments from the Friends, former Jehovah's Witness David Reed pointed out that men of the "great crowd" have now been invited to sit on Governing Body Committees (Summer 1992, pp. 14-15).

The Watchtower stated: "Therefore it has been decided to invite several helpers, mainly from among the great crowd, to share in the meetings of each of the Governing Body Committees, that is, the Personnel, Publishing, Service, Teaching, and Writing Committees" (Watchtower, 15 April 1992, p. 31).

Reed explained that these new helpers will probably serve a very limited role at first, saying, "There is no indication that `these assistants' would attend the meetings of the 12 member Governing body itself, where doctrinal changes are approved - only the more routine Committee meetings" (Comments).

Reed, a long time Watchtower watcher, notes the reason for the change is obvious.

He explained that of the 8,850 remaining Anointed, over half are women and therefore ineligible and of the remaining men, most are in their late seventies or older.

Reed summarized the Watchtower's dilemma stating: "The organization faces turning over leadership to men who are eligible but incompetent, or else changing the rules of eligibility to permit competent younger men to assume control" (Ibid).

So they already have a history of using "other sheep" and will refer back to such and act as if they have known this for decades.

It's a dangerous mind-control cult that has a primary job of collecting money and perpetuating itself. They run ideas via hints that say "perhaps" or "possibly" through the Watchtower magazine now and again and see how members react to them and then decide which ones to use later, then actually refer back to the "perhaps" article like the light was shining in that direction for a long time.

Who knows? I still think that with retention of young ones so far down in the modern communication and information age, they will die a slow death no matter what they do. So many of their hardcore beliefs have to be abandoned that each one wakes some members up.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Hayden Who-ington?

Serioiusly, how many current R&F dubs do you think know who Hayden Covington was, let alone grasp the subtle doctrinal significance suggested by your original post?

The last few years have conclusively proved to me that the WT leaders--whoever that may be at any given moment (and I mean the real leaders, not the alleged ones)--can change any teaching at any time and the majority of their followers will fall in line with nary a blink or a misstep!

"That's what I always believed anyways!"

As confusing as this once was to me because I actually really thought that TRUTH and ACCURATE KNOWLEDGE were important, I have been absolutely convinced that in the cultish world of JWs, doctrine is irrelevant.

The only thing that matters is obedience, blind, unquestioning obedience.

Listen, Obey and Be Blessed! And by "blessed" we mean you won't be kicked out and shunned by all your family and former friends.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

They tried something before. They were called "helpers."

That is a trip down memory lane. Do these even get mentioned anymore? Or was this one of the trial baloons to try to explain away their failed predictions.

• Sapphy
    Sapphy

OTWO - Yeah I remember the helpers idea, I think they justified it with reference to the "Nethanim". They floated it and promptly stoped talkin about it, but didn't retract it.

Oubliette - I agree with everything you write, it's just that I do believe the WT writers do at least try not to obviously contradict themselves. But we'll see more and more contradictions coming through as the younger writers take on more.

The primary doctrine of the WT Society is "Be Obedient To Us", everything else is subject to change.

• scotoma
    scotoma

What we have now is the first governing body member who was baptized just before armageddon in 1975.

I'm sure Sanderson was baptized in 1975 but did the world end in 1975?

It must have ended in 1975 since the organization is spirit directed.

Wait a minute. 1975 marked the generation that will never pass away. That's right. We were prepared and ready to march into the New World in 1975. But we will have been following the "cloud" (ambiguous teachings) in the wilderness for 40 years in 2015. That's when the end will come.

Witnesses really do live in a "parallel" universe. Everything is parallel. As I understand it - parallel lines come together at infinity.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

What a Joke, all people that believe in Christ and get baptized are anointed with holy spirit. This ongoing crap about who's anointed and who's not, you'll never see written in the new testament a person of faith not being anointed. They changed the doctrine about the anointed being sealed in 1935 to no longer sealed in 2007, so they could conjure up more leaders when they need to.

• HarryMac
    HarryMac

I've often wondered this... well, not seriously.

How come with all the new light and adjustments that have been made over the decades... not once did anything come close to this.

'Upon looking at it all more closely we've realized that we were wrong about almost everything. Everybody pack up. Time to sell off these assets and go home. Sorry we wasted your time.'

• Sapphy
    Sapphy

They instruct all Jws to start partaking and use, basically the gospel as justification, BUT they can retain the whole 'only 144k go to heaven' by using the revelation scripture & the "many are called by few are chosen" scripture.

This would allow:

Them to stop counting 'partakers' & everyone getting pissed/confused because the numbers aren't going down;

They could use talented company men who haven't partaken on the GB & their committees,

A good selling point to the flock "we're all equal, Jesus will chose who he wants"

There's no downside for them to this.

• Sapphy
    Sapphy

What do you think the noo lite at the AGM could be?

Do you think they're ready to jettison the odd and frankly insulting 'overlapping generation' theory?

Accept the date of 586 & shift 1914 to 1933 (the rise of Hitler)?

Or do you think the AGM will be a damp squib apart from the new new world translation?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit