Why We Blow Ourselves Up

by teejay 18 Replies latest jw friends

• teejay
    teejay

Jrig,

I got the point of your post.

Unlike Farkel, I *was* amused by it. I didn’t see anything wrong with a single word you said.

Sarcasm. I'm fluent.

• joelbear
    joelbear

lets see,

After WWII, The United Nations takes southern Florida and gives it to the Jews. Floridians are pissed that their land is taken away from them. For 40 years they fight back against having their land taken away from them. In desperation Floridians begin to fight back in any way they know how.

Joel

• joelbear
    joelbear

Farkel,

If you don't think there are Jewish hate filled zealots, I would think you mistaken.

Joel

• teejay
    teejay

In desperation Floridians begin to fight back in any way they know how.

Joel,

Why is that so hard for so many to understand?

• Farkel
    Farkel

joelbear,

Of COURSE I know there are Jewish bigots. That's why I said "all such" people. I made myself pretty clear.

rig,

: I was merely making a point - in a tongue-in-cheek sort of way - how one can get jumped on for posting anything that infers any sort of blame on Israel.

Whatever "point" you were making wasn't relevant to excusing what the Palestinians and other Arabs are doing.

The article teejay quoted gave this reason for Arab outrage:

"What propels people into such action is a long history of humiliation and a desire for revenge that every Arab harbors."

Well, it is a FACT that Israel had been displaced from their own land for thousands and thousands of years by many cultures, including the Romans, turks and the Arabs, and they didn't carry out wave-after-wave of suicide bombings. The Palestinians were only displaced in 1967 a mere 35 years, yet were are to somehow "understand" their angst. Well, I don't "understand" how such angst can excuse those suicide bombers and their maniac leader at all.

: And you proved my point. Thank you.

I proved you introduced a strawman, and you cannot weasal out of that fact, either. I challenge you to find ANYWHERE where I tried to excuse any wrongful Israel actions. As a matter of fact, I cited verses from a song that was about hate, period. It wasn't about Arab hate, or Jewish hate or any specific kind of hate, but ALL hate. I suppose it wouldn't be asking too much of you to suggest you actually take the time and read what I wrote, would it?

: Apart from that, my comments were directed to Teejay, not you, and

This is an open discussion board, fool. You don't own any real estate in here. Everything that is said in here is open for reply. You want private? Take it to e-mail.

: I could care less whether my post "amused" you.

Oh, so yo COULD care less, huh? Well, I COULDN'T care less what you COULD care less about.

Farkel

• Jigrigger
    Jigrigger

Farkel,

You said: "Whatever "point" you were making wasn't relevant to excusing what the Palestinians and other Arabs are doing.

You are correct. The point I was making was not intended to be relevant to excusing what the Palestinians and other Arabs are doing.

You said: "I proved you introduced a strawman"

Wrong!!! You haven't "proved" anything. The ONLY point I was trying to make is that one can get jumped on for saying anything that infers blame on the Israelis for the crap going on over there. THAT'S IT!

You said: " I challenge you to find ANYWHERE where I tried to excuse any wrongful Israel actions."

I challenge you to find ANYWHERE where I said YOU were trying to excuse any wrongful Israeli actions.

You said: " As a matter of fact, I cited verses from a song that was about hate, period. It wasn't about Arab hate, or Jewish hate or any specific kind of hate, but ALL hate. I suppose it wouldn't be asking too much of you to suggest you actually take the time and read what I wrote, would it?"

Since my post was in direct response to Teejays post, what YOU posted in response to Teejay's post is really irrelevant to me. I wasn't answering YOUR post, I was responding to Teejay's.

Jrig

• Simon
    Simon

I think the problem is that the Jews have this stupid notion of it being their promised land.

There are lots of people who have been displaced at sometime in history - should us Brits be getting compensation / recompence from the saxons, vikings, romans and everyone else who invaded us at some point? Should I be forced form my home to give it to some Welsh bloke 'cause celts used to live here a few thousand years ago?

Would this cause some resentment and bad feeling? Too right!

Setting up the state of Isreal was the SINGLE biggest fuck-up that the western powers have ever made IMHO. This is to say that I hate the Jews but if you are living in Russia - you are Russian, if you are in the USA - you are American, lot's of people had origins elsewhere but fit in, why do they insist on segregating themselves so much?

Oh yeah, I forgot ... 'chosen people'

See what happens when people write religious books ...

• D8TA
    D8TA

Man, I tell ya with my major (cultural anthropology) I've been studying this whole mess for quite some number of years. To this day, I can't form an objective opinion upon a conflict that has been going on for over a few 1000 years.

I just wish all that killing would stop. Period. Both sides, just stop. But with the historical events, I just can't fathom an ending to the problem.

Sometimes I sway left, then to the midddle, and then to the right.
    Sometimes I'm compassionate to one or the other.
    Sometimes I'm sick of it.

Just split the country in two.
    Each side with it's sovriegn state.
    Each side gets what it wants.
    Then the fighting will happen, for another reason all over, again.
    Have the world build a big wall around their new country.
    Let them duke it out to the last person standing.
    When that last person leaves the wall enclosure and proclaims victory...
    Shoot the bastard.

WHoooops, sorry, I drifted there for a second.

D8TA

• teejay
    teejay

See what happens when people write religious books

Very good points all, Simon.

The Israelis think that that little strip of land is theirs and no one else’s. They, as irreligious as they are, feel that YHWH deeded that plot of earth to one of their ancestors and they are duty bound to occupy it, no matter who they have to uproot and kill, how many homes and lives they have to destroy.

“It’s God’s will!!” they scream, and equally foolishly mis-guided psuedo-Christian Americans back them every step of the way, with both dollars and arms.

Maybe the JWs have a point in saying that religion is a snare and a racket. Remove religion from the mix of human affairs and there’d be a whole lot fewer problems.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit