scam job or real??

by Aussie Oz 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

My wife got the following message on facebook. (she is an artist) Screams scam to me but hell...every artist wants more exposure dont they? I think they are just name dropping in the hope of what?

HI , My name is Bianca. I work for an international Record company in London. I am looking for an artist that can help with some pictures for a storyboard for a music video that we are making. It is for The world cup Brazil 2014. Let me know if you are interested?
    Best
    Bianca

She replied yes she was but needed more information.

We have agreed to give the animation team 7% of all earnings of the animation.
    This is the pilot video and it will be advertised everywhere, once the video has earned
    the money, we will start making new videos for baseball and other sports.
    Then you can tell us what it would cost to make a video for Japan or other teams.
    7% seems like nothing but whats 7% of 10 000 000?
    The rest of the money will go to songwriters/song producers/record company/animation producer and The La vuvuzela
    girls.
    The animation opens a lot of doors to other opportunities for you.
    Later we will be working with Hed Kandi which is one of the most successful
    animation girls in the world. I have attacheda picture of Hed kandi because that isthe theme that we are
    going for.
    Lady Gaga's dress designer has agreed to sponsor some of his drawings to dress the animation girls.
    Also Ammotech motion capture studio will capture all the motion for the project like the dancers etc.
    Let me know what you think so that we can set up a letter of agreement and a skype meeting

OZ

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Agreed. This sounds very suspect.

Sounds like the old bait and switch. Lure your wife in with the promise of loads of money................then they start asking for her money to get the project going. Sounds like how the watchtower(R) works!

Proceed with extreme caution. Could be a scam.

• cantleave
    cantleave

See where it goes, but you should not have to pay them anything. If they ask for any sort of money, consider it a scam.

• Rob Crompton
    Rob Crompton

This has scam written all over it! Established companies don't approach potential artists/writers in this way. And they don't describe themselves as "an international Record comany". They say who they are. And they approach you by saying something like, "We like the work you did for such-and-such... May have an opening that would interest you..."

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Rob Crompton - Yes indeed. Established companies have their own staff and don't usually trawl facebook for workers.

• brinjen
    brinjen

Looks like a scam to me... There are websites such as DesignCrowd for this sort of thing. They post the details of the project and receive multiple submissions and choose which one they like best.... found it only recently.

http://jobs.designcrowd.com/graphic-design-jobs

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

Yes it definently sounds suspicious.

But if your wife wants to be a successful artist, I can make her famous and wealthy. I will need a deposit up front.

• brinjen
    brinjen

Just a thought on one possibility... and it happens on the site I linked above as well (watch it if they won't guarantee payment there).

Some have been known to scout for submissions, then when they receive them demand revisals... "not quite what I was after" etc. After receiving a ton of ideas then collaborate on what they actually want then scout for someone local to their area to do the job cheaper as they have 'all these ideas to work with'. Sounds like a possibility here... won't ask for money if that's the case but there will be a lot of wasted time and effort.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

they can't afford to pay, and want you to work for the hope of pay if everything works out. I've had offers like that -- they want you supporting their start-up.

• talesin
    talesin

It's definitely a scam .... if Bianca was for real, she would identify the 'international record company' she works for.

Companies do NOT troll facebook looking for artists .. any international record company would have hundreds, if not thousands, of artists sending them submissions of their work.

t

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit