Cherrypicking scriptures to suit your own silly ideas!

by punkofnice 18 Replies latest social humour

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

We've all seen it. We may even have done it. Cherrypicking individual verses out of context from scripture to fit our own theorums.

I randomly used 3 scriptures and stitched them together watchtower(R) style for a joke and to prove a point.

NB. This is under the jokes section so don't take it seriously

Matthew 23: 23 ‘’ Then Jesus said to the crowds and to his disciples: 2 ’’ “The teachers of the law and the Pharisees sit in Moses’ seat.

Evidently this is a very old seat and probably needs a new cushion by now. Jesus was clearly referring to a commode. Everyone needs a 'head'.

That the ‘seat’ is a lavatory is evident from Exodus.

Exodus 5: 5 ‘’ Afterward Moses and Aaron went to Pharaoh and said, “This is what the Lord , the God of Israel, says: ‘Let my people go,………in the wilderness.’”
    Yes. The people needed to go. We all need to go to the lavatory on a daily basis just as the Israelites did back in Moses’ day.

At Revelation 7: 7 it clearly shows how Jehovah helps right minded people to go to the lavatory

‘’After this I saw four angels standing at the four corners of the earth, holding back the four winds of the earth to prevent any wind from blowing on the land or on the sea or on any tree.’’

The four winds are flatus gasses that are emitted by the faithful. As this is a very horrible smelling gas the angels lovingly stop it from ‘blowing on the land’, the ‘sea’ or ‘tree’. The tree is symbolic of where dogs urinate.

Thus we can see that Jehovah’s organization is the only true Christian faith on earth and you will be lovingly murdered by him if you don’t obey Jehovah’s masters.

The masters that Jehovah obeys are none other than the Governing Body. Praise the Governing Body. How holy they are!

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

If you had to cherry pick a scripture that would support cherry picking scriptures, what would it be? I'm sure the JWs have one for that also.

NJY

• mP
    mP

The one in Matt about zombies. Everyone loves a good zombie story.

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

I have seen sillier ideas in actual WT publications.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

NJY - Good question...Matt 25:45???

mP - I enjoy a good zombie story too

2+2=5 - I think I should be on the writing committee

• moshe
    moshe
    I think I should be on the writing committee

Bro Herd and the Governing Body wants you, asap!! -because I hear the writing department really needs people who are educated- and can translate languages, too.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Moshe - Zoot alores! Yes. This is why the magazines are only 16 pages now............translation!

I can write more zany Awake! articles eg:-

"Swiss- the Tasty Cheese With Holes In It"

"Tree Frogs- Friend or Foe?’’

"Are You Plagued With Loose Bowels?"

"The Mighty Carrot."

• Tater-T
    Tater-T

'Eat drink and be merry.. for tomorrow we are to die' .... it says that in the bible ... I follow the bible, by living my life as such...

• fakesmile
    fakesmile

religion provides the tools and even encourages faulty thinking. example... i didnt die today, i must be in gods good graces. id rather not get into uneducated people who can't accept the fact that the REAL word is a complete mystery to them. sad face

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Tater - Why not eat some of the Awake!'s own "Swiss- the Tasty Cheese With Holes In It" ??

Fakesmile - When people are 'certain' about religious things...........ALARM BELLS!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit