The DOORS Ray Manzarek passes

by designs 24 Replies latest social entertainment

• zed is dead
  • sizemik
    sizemik

Just heard this, very sad ... too young. The guy was a musical genius. RIP Ray Manzarek, thanks for everything.

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas

The Doors were simply amazing. I loved Ray's intros and complex interludes. What sad news!

• designs
    designs

They were all great musicians and with that Classical, Jazz, and Latin musical background they created some of the best Rock ever.

Riders On The Storm, what a wild creepy love story that only The DOORS could pull off.

• Terry
    Terry

I turned 18 years old in 1965 and the world of music was exploding like a nuclear kaleidoscope with strange and wonderful burts of genius

across the decade. It was so brief and so magnificent and so gone forever...

• Satanus
    Satanus

Thanks zed, for that background youtube. A bit of weed, and that song can keep playing, over and over. It combines the vibrato psychedelic, nature (pagan) - rain and thunder, and the lyrics which puts the riders on horses up there in the sky. Life and death. It can be a pagan, shamanic trip, if youre into that.

S

• talesin
    talesin

Edited because this site appears to be not so reliable! ack

sorry

• karter
    karter

R.I.P Ray Manzarek.

An exelent book about the doors written by their manager Dannny sugerman. "Wounderland ave...tales of glamer and excess"

Karter.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Ah, The Doors and what wonderful, wild feelings, their music awakened in young JW's unfulfilled souls.

Just Lois

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Did anyone go down on Sunset to the Troubadour in W. Hollywood or to The House of The Rising Sun in Redondo?

Just Lois

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit