How can a "God, who Cannot Lie" (Titus 1:2) justify DESTRUCTION?

by fedup 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cha ching
    cha ching

My friend had the same experience with the 1914 generation teaching.

My friend believes one of God’s qualities is justice, therefore, sometime in the future, God will have to convince EVERY one that he exists and that all mankind will benefit from his guidance.

After reading many posters on this site, he knows it will take divine action to counter their well researched arguments .

My friend agrees that the organization of JW’s have lost their credibility. A God of justice would never execute 7 billion people because they chose not to follow the “organization” of Jehovah’s Witnesses.

• cha ching
    cha ching

Me personally?

Well, when trying to counter my sister’s arguments that:

Jehovah has “always had a visible organization on earth,” and basically, “even if they are wrong” (like Manassah and killing kids… I said I wouldn’t do what he said if it was wrong) my bottom line was:

“I don’t believe God would kill me for believing the truth”

The truth is, that the 1914 generation is a lie.

“So, if I don’t believe in 1914, I’ll die?”

• Este
    Este

Why would GOD put satan in prison while destroying those that satan has misled? Also why would he destroy people only to resurrect them?

E.

• Perry
    Perry

fedup:

Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God - Romans 11: 22

The God you have created in your mind would never judge sin. You are guilty of breaking one of the ten commandments - Ye shall have no other gods before me.

Jesus comes in at Armageddon to save mankind, or what's left of it, from the devastations of the Anti-Christ. The WT turns things around and makes Jesus the bad guy.

Real judgement comes after you die according to the bible:

it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment - Heb 9: 27

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

“I don’t believe God would kill me for believing the truth”

You're right. Further, he will not condemn you for believing falsehood if that falsehood is grounded in good faith. Those who believe that one comes under condemnation because they don't belong to the right religion need to rethink their own beliefs. If one honestly doesn't believe there is a God, would a just God condemn him or her for it?

I wouldn't give spit for such a God. And even if a person believes in a God but isn't interested in being religious or dedicating his life to God, I still don't believe such a person would be blasted into hell or out of existence.

People are different, and if we are the children of God, I believe He would do everything He could for us. He won't take away our free agency or be vindictive. On the other hand, when we receive certain knowledge, we quite frequently change our views. The scriptures state that eventually every knee will bend and every tongue confess Christ, and I believe that. He's not going to then blast part of them into eternity.

• Perry
    Perry

People are different, and if we are the children of God, I believe He would do everything He could for us.

That's the problem, we are not God's children at birth. We are children of Adam. As such, God has no obligation whatsoever to us. Yet, while we were yet enemies and sinners, Christ died for us. For those who do not put trust in Jesus ALONE, their sin (and judgement that determines salvation) remains.

John 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

• designs
    designs

'God has no obligation whatsoever to us' amazing as in amazing as an adult you believe that

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

The answer is that God wouldn't do that, and that you have been sold a version of God that is a false. There is no such thing as a god who would destroy almost the whole world. Such a god is an invention of ancient priestcraft and mythology. It doesn't exist anymore than there is a god who would torment millions of persons in a hellfire for eternity.

• yadda yadda 2
  • yadda yadda 2

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit