This is so difficult

by dissonance_resolved 24 Replies latest jw friends

• dissonance_resolved
    dissonance_resolved

Thanks to everyone for your advice and support. I have been reading the experiences of others and trying to apply what seems to have worked for them. I've been trying to take things slow, but the time pressure really comes in when I think of my kids and not wanting them to be any further indoctrinated. They are getting to the age where they are really started to internalize what they are hearing and I can't stand seeing it happen.

Smiddy- you are right about this being emotional blackmail, but it would hurt them just as much, or more than it would hurt me.

BU2B- it's mental torture for me too. There's no way I can go out in FS knowing what I do and the meetings make me physically ill. I'm down to maybe one weeknight meeting a month and two or three Sundays. I'm supposed to be making plans to go to the DC but funny how that hasn't risen to the top of my list of things to do.

• Comatose
    Comatose

Without kids you could put your family first if you chose. With kids, you have to put the kids first. Even though it sucks. But, do it without fanfare. All stay home to take car of dad. The you get strategically sick. Then plan a busy weekend. Keep the excuses up for. Few weeks while you think.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

I was once in the exact same position. I tried to absorb all the pain myself and it took me right to the edge of sanity. You can't walk that line without there being consequences. Sometimes I wish I could have continued to carry that burden, the repercussions on my family have been way worse than anything I endured. Of course, hindsight is a wonderful thing.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

I was in the same position, our children were at the similar stage where they were expected to answer up/join the ministry school. PM me if you want to talk some more, the are parts of my story that are too identifiable to discuss on the forum.

• dissonance_resolved
    dissonance_resolved

Mickey mouse- I just sent you a PM. Thanks!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit