So, you left the Watchtower.................but.........did it leave you?

by Terry 26 Replies latest watchtower bible

• hoser
    hoser

You can take the boy off the farm, but you can't take the farm out of the boy

• Terry
    Terry

Another way to say it is how do you UNlearn how to play the piano, or ride a bicycle? You don't.

• HarryMac
    HarryMac

It's still affecting me. In ways I'm aware of and I'm sure in many ways I've yet to discover.

Intolerance.

Defensiveness.

Passive Agressiveness.

Suspicous of others with truly good intentions.

The list goes on... working on it. Maybe it's just that I'm psychotic and nothing to do with the WT, lol.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

When I first left I had a number of attitudes and beliefs I had to shed, but now, after just a few years out, I am desperately trying to find a vestige of my WT "heritage" that remains in me.

I am trying to find it, because not doing so means even more that all those decades spent from birth in the Borg were wasted.

I cannot find a tiny bit of JW in me. Those years were wasted, but were more wasted by the WT trying all that time to influence and control me, they did not succeed.

Maybe, now having moved to "Mexico" I have discovered that in my soul I was really "Mexican" all along.

Mind I don't dance on your hat !

• Terry
    Terry

I am trying to find it, because not doing so means even more that all those decades spent from birth in the Borg were wasted.

The difference between gamblers who win and those who lose is knowing when to lay the hand down.

Or, put another way, what you would lose by continuing to play remains with you as winnings of a different kind.

Count your experience as a win.

Take it as a lesson learned. Those folks still trudging to the Kingdom Halls have a whole lot more to lose than you do.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

You are right Terry, from the moment I walked out of the Kingdom Hall, knowing I would never return, I have thoroughly enjoyed each day of freedom.

I have used that time to learn, and to expunge every trace of JWism.

I saw a bunch of JW's the other day, just leaving the venue to go door knocking, they looked like a sad bunch of f***ing weirdos.

I returned home with fresh brioches to have leisurely breakfast with my wife, and as we sat and laughed and talked of normal things I thought, "those poor Dubs, what a waste of time and life".

• Terry
    Terry

Phizzy:

I returned home with fresh brioches to have leisurely breakfast with my wife, and as we sat and laughed and talked of normal things I thought, "those poor Dubs, what a waste of time and life".

There is an old saying: LIVING WELL IS THE BEST REVENGE.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit