Prayer answered

by StopTheTears 33 Replies latest jw friends

• StopTheTears
    StopTheTears

My van broke down before Christmas. I could not even afford to have it "looked at", let alone repaired. So, I have been praying that God would somehow work this whole situation out.

I told him I didn't need a new vehicle, just one that was safe, reliable, in good condition. Well, of all the people IN THE WORLD, my alcoholic brother calls me the other day with an offer. His spousal support payments end on May 1. So, he informed me that a friend of his from work (whom I also have met a couple of times) was selling his wife's father's van.

Her father had died 2 years ago, and they have been keeping the van. They drive it now & then, mainly for maintenance, but that's it. They have other vehicles. She has not wanted to sell it because it was a memory of her father. However, she finally realized that it was pointless to keep the vehicle & not even drive it. So, they are selling it. The only owner of the car was her father, who did not smoke! He took care of the vehicle, and they have all of the service info on it. It has a new battery & new tires. It was perfect. We drove it all over the neighborhood & freeway, & it drove like a charm.

SO...I now have a new van Jesus did for me what I could not do. And, even used my brother to bless me.

To those who knew, & prayed, thank you.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Funny, how jesus works through alchaholics, eh?

S

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

It took him nearly 6 months for him to answer your prayer?

• fakesmile
    fakesmile

but you said that you didnt want a new van, so he actually didnt answer your prayer. dont thank jesus, thank your brother. the most likley explanation is that your brother loves you and didnt want you to get stranded. or jesus did it what the funk ever. i quit doing favors for religious folk cuz they give credit to an imaginary friend.

• fakesmile
    fakesmile

and you probably should have included good gas mileage in your prayer. the 3500 chevy van is a badass but it is basically a souped up suburban without the towing package.

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

And what is the point of telling all of us your brother is an alcoholic? To somehow shame him? Thats loving...

• fakesmile
    fakesmile

@ dazed, good catch. yes the point of the alcoholic statement is to place them in a lower moral catagory while at the same time contrasting gods goodness by using a lowlife sinner to help out a pious person. kinda ironic huh?

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

And you paid for it... would we be "blessed" with a similar post if you'd just found a vehicle in your local paper and bought that one instead I wonder? I fear we would...

• Satanus
    Satanus

Maybe, it wasn't jesus working through your brother. Maybe, it was alchohol working through your brother which guided him to pass it on to you. Maybe, alchohol is the guiding spirit. Okhams razor, and all that.

S *sets up shrine w various booze. Prays to various booze bottles.*

Ps, btw, which form of booze was your brother mostly into? I need to know, so i can pray to it.

• gma-tired2
    gma-tired2

Happy your brother helped you find a van. it was your brother to be thanked. we were taught to pray for things that were gods will, spiritual things. unless the van is to be used for service and meetings, I dont believe Jesus, or God answered your prayer.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit