So after the blow out between my old JW buddy and I, it's back to "normal"

by wha happened? 12 Replies latest jw experiences

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Oh I'm sure he was proud of himslef for "defending the truth". When he later said, he knew the end is very near. I asked, "How Near? Because I think it's reckless and irresponsible to convince people not tog et an education, or save up for retirement." I also reminded him of his comment that he made back in 1995 to me. "Why start a business now? This system cannot go on another 5 years."

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Comments about people dying and it being ok because of the resurrection, prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that DUBS worship the Organazation/GB. Actions speak louder than words. It is definately programming. Even Elders just say, " If the Org is wrong, I just assume it's right until I hear differently."

Even if God will resurrect you, WHY would he expect you to die for no scriptural reason?! He gave you the gift of life after all. It reminds me of all the years that self-defense was frowned upon by the ORG. Just curl into a ball and pray, you don't want to be violent. I always thought, " God gave me life, and I am under no obligation to let someone take it."

• Terry
    Terry

Arguments are never about what they're about. They are about how someone FEELs about what they are about

Once we are comfortable with our view of the world we relax and set the autopilot.

Being proved wrong is like losing your wallet. Now you have the extreme annoyance of having to replace every damned thing in there and canceling the credit cards, etc.

It is an INCONVENIENCE to be wrong.

If being right or wrong were really about FACTS and reality---we wouldn't hesitate.

But, it is the EMOTIONS we deal with when we want to believe something is true and have to change it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit