NEW EDITION OF BIBLE?

by The Searcher 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• mP
    mP

Whats wrong with a new edition of the BIble. Religions have been updating the bible every few years since the beginning. Just check the orthodox, catholic, protestant, ethiopian bibles, all of them are different in significant ways.

• mP
    mP

Changes/copyright problems?

mP:

Copy right runs out after 20 odd years perhaps they want a new edition so they can remove quotations on unfreiendly sites claimning copyright.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

@ MP

There was a post a few months ago of a court case instigated by a named individual, citing the WTBTS and the New World Translation Writing Committee as co-defendants.

I appreciate that copyright expires after a number of years, but perhaps infringements of active copyright can be claimed for after expiry of said copyright.

I thought it was noteworthy that an "individual" would hire a team of lawyers from a prestigious street in New York, and take on a multi-billion dollar conglomerate!! The "individual" must a) have plenty of cash, and b) be pretty certain that "he" has all the aces!

• jws
    jws

Well, no new bible release at the district convention.

As I understand it, the reports are that most of the literature counters are low on or out of bibles. And that they're on backorder all over the place.

And that is leading to speculation. One possibility suggested is this court case. I don't know the details of it though.

Another possibility is they're too strapped for cash to print bibles.

And finally, there was the possibility that there was a new bible coming out and they've stopped printing the old ones in preperation for printing the new ones. You wouldn't want to go "donate" for a bible only to find out it's now obsolete and you need the new one.

So if it wasn't a new release, why the shortage of bibles?

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

Because Bibles are secondary on the list. "Watchtower, Bible and Tract Society".

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

new scrolls have been found evidently...

written in a new language called english

• jgnat
    jgnat

I believe this is a rumor and no new bible is forthcoming. There was no new bible release in Spain.

• sir82
    sir82
    And that is leading to speculation. One possibility suggested is this court case. I don't know the details of it though.

Which court case? I don't see what any court case would have to do with printing of Bibles.

Another possibility is they're too strapped for cash to print bibles.

Printing a Bible isn't much more expensive than printing any other book - just more pages, maybe the binding has to be slightly different. They certainly still are printing 10's of millions of magazines & tracts each month.

And finally, there was the possibility that there was a new bible coming out and they've stopped printing the old ones in preperation for printing the new ones. You wouldn't want to go "donate" for a bible only to find out it's now obsolete and you need the new one.

The first DCs were this past weekend. There was no new Bible released.

It seems to still be a mystery.

• Gayle
    Gayle

It's becoming just: "Watchtower & Tract Society" - no Bibles anymore?

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Seriously no new bible release? If so it makes sense the watchtower does not really want one reading a bible. I remember when i stoped scripture flipping and actually started reading the bible, the book of Revelation, i started my wake up. I was reading the book with a study that did not want to use a watchtower publication during our bible study. Well before each study i would review the Revelation Climax book and after awhile i could see the BS in the watchtower book.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit