NEW EDITION OF BIBLE?

by The Searcher 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

If there is a new version of the NWT, does anyone know the reason why? Changes/copyright problems?

• processor
    processor

There are rumors about a New New World Translation. The most likely reason is "new light", and the lack of brackets might disguise mistranslations.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I can't believe that they would spend any cash on a new version of the NWT. Dubs don't notice anything about the old one as it is. I met an Elder who had never read the appendices until a year ago! He learned about it at the Eldums school!

So why spend the cash if the sheeple believe whatever you say without question? Just have them write it in the margins..

• jws
    jws

The first conventions were supposed to be this weekend. So word should be coming soon.

• amos77
    amos77

Oh my gosh, new light? the morning dawning, again? Perhaps a few commas needed changing? A new cover?. As WTS is the biggest printing company in the world, if each JW bought even one Bible, how much money is that for the first printing run? What if people could download their WT for 10c? WTS existence depends on their printing presses and their capital wealth from properties. So sad how we were duped into accepting this changing light.

• Terry
    Terry

NEW LIGHT = dammit, maybe this time we got it right!

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Their one and only Bible translator is dead.

• blondie
    blondie

The WTS has never really explained the use of brackets clearly...glossed over it.

Revisions

*** dx30-85 Abbreviations of Publication Titles ***(1961, 1970, 1981, due for one, eh?)

bi12-61 1961 - New World Translation of the Holy

Scriptures (1961 revision)

bi12-70 1970 - New World Translation of the Holy

Scriptures (1970 revision)

bi12-81 1981 - New World Translation of the Holy

Scriptures (1981 revision)

*** dx30-85 Watch Tower Publications ***

1984, New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures (revised): km 3/85 3

So it has been 29 years since the last revision....does anyone have the ability to use the 1984 version and compare it with a new one?

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Is that the green Bible? I always wondered what the problem was with the green Bible... Does anyone know? It is probably better than the current one. If I had to bet, I would say that it honored Jesus too much.

• Terry
    Terry

If I had to bet, I would say that it honored Jesus too much.

It use to be okay in the Watchtower Society (as described in their Charter) to worship Jesus.

After 1954 all that ended.

I'll bet, knowing what they now know, if they could go back and re-translate John 1:1 it would NOT contain "a" god.

They have doubled down so many times on that one they sound like asses braying.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit