Is time running out for the Watchtower ? or has it already passed its used by date

by smiddy 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• fresh prince of ohio
    fresh prince of ohio

Let's face it - a lot of JWs LIKE being JWs. For this reason alone, JWism has plenty of years left ahead of it. But I can't even imagine what torture it is to be raised in it these days. As a previous poster alluded, their claim to fame for decades has been distributing printed information from door to door. But the magazines have become a boring, out-of-touch, silly, insider-jargon-filled, half-hearted shadow of their former glory. It's hard to imagine anyone, at least in the west, being taken in by any of the current literature. I'm sure there's still the occasional convert, but for the most part, go to any KH and try to find anyone under 40 that actually converted to JWism. Good luck. They aren't there.

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

It's hard to believe I know,but,there are still hardcore believers. I know,because,they are my family.

• Tameria2001
    Tameria2001

I just had an idea. Why don't the governement remove their tax free status, and charge them for all the volunteer hours that people are putting in? They are already taxing the heck out of us anyhow.

• blondie
    blondie

By their own definition the Used By Date was

1940's

(1984) 70 year generation

(1994) 80 year generation

VERY SOON NOW

FAST APPROACHING

ON THE THRESHOLD

IN THE TOENAILS OF DANIEL'S IMAGE

The WTS is just a legal corporation per the WTS....with no secular governments, no need for any corporations.

They have said there will be no door to door work in paradise, just bible studies and meetings, conventions.

• smiddy
    smiddy

They have said there will be no door to door work in paradise, just bible studies and meetings, conventions.

If that`s the case blondie ,I can just imagine the suicide rate,alcoholism ,drug abuse,and depression being endemic in the spiritual paradise.LOL

smiddy

• Moses Unedited
    Moses Unedited

I think OnTheWayOut is pretty much right about the very slow death. The Watchtower organization is a little bit like the Sears Roebuck of religious denominations: a household name with a long history, but with little relevance anymore. Many other churches (particularly the mega churches) are much more in tune with what benefit the lives of people (i.e. providing youth programs, support groups for single parents, etc.). What does the Watchtower organization provide? Literature. And of course, tedious meetings where that literature is read, retained, and recited. Sound very inspiring? Not to most people.

True, the Watchtower is still experiencing some growth. But, the growth they are experiencing in Western lands is essentially the “sloppy seconds” of the populace that has either not been picked up by the other denominations, or the kind of people who are attracted to apocalyptic beliefs. The organization will still crawl along, dragging it’s indoctrinated faithful, the same way that a horrible ball team still retains its core fan base.

I have no doubt that the Watchtower will still be around for a long time to come. The simple reason is that there is still a market for their beliefs. Why do I say this? Notice how many people still buy lottery tickets.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit