Interesting conversation

by Freeof1914 22 Replies latest jw experiences

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Christ said, " What man of YOU with a hundred sheep, on losing one of them, will not leave the ninety-nine behind in the wilderness and go for the lost one until he finds it? And when he has found it he puts it upon his shoulders and rejoices. And when he gets home he calls his friends and his neighbors together, saying to them, ‘Rejoice with me, because I have found my sheep that was lost.' " - Luke 15:4-6

In contrast ...

Your wife said, "You disfellowshipped people think that anyone still cares about you? You are old news the week after you are announced no one even cares or thinks about you it's like whatever!"

------------------

I guess this JW, and all the other JWs she implicates as "not caring" have not read the parable of the Prodigal Son, either. Such a contrast between the attitudes of JWs compared to the Biblical Christ's approach.

And they wonder why 2 out of 3 never come back!!

• blondie
    blondie

If they were old news, why is the WTS having so many articles about having contact with df'd family?

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Blondie: If they were old news, why is the WTS having so many articles about having contact with df'd family?

Exactly!

" The lady doth protest too much , methinks." - Hamlet, Act III, scene II

• whathappened
    whathappened

Wow, so sorry your wife just doesn't get it. Glad you are out and you know ttatt now.

• Honesty
    Honesty

No more sex for Freeof1914.

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee
    You know what? You disfellowshipped people think that anyone still cares about you? You are old news the week after you are announced no one even cares or thinks about you it's like whatever!

I might have said;

" I realized a long time ago that no one really cared about me not in any real or lasting sense. The "Brotherly Love" they talk so much about is totally conditional. They go from door to door looking for new recruits mostly motivated out of wanting to save their own hydes from destruction by God at Armageddon rather than out of any true concern or love for thier fellow man. This is why it is so easy for them to cast people like me aside and why, as you say, we become "old news" a week later.

I also would have asked her if she was among those who no longer cared about me ?

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

I think she has disfellowshipped dubs confused with JWs in general. For as much as JWs think they're the center of the universe and their preaching work is somehow relevant, they're the "old news". If you ask most people anything about JWs, they'll only think of Michael Jackson, Prince, or the Williams sisters. DFd exJWs can celebrate that they're no longer associated with the wacko JWs.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Why does your wife stay or why do you want her to stay? She is being cruel and abusive to you.

You are a young man with a good head on your shoulders.

I wish you love, happiness and great joy, all through your life.

If that is not with your present wife, I wish you the happiest and quickest of divorces.

Just Lois

• jgnat
    jgnat

"My wife's friend approached my wife and told her what her husband had told her."

Typical Witness conversation.

• steve2
    steve2

This is how your JW wife speaks to you - you the Biblical head of the household? She's really throwing a child-like tantrum. This seems like an emotion-wrung warm-up to divorce proceedings.

I couldn't imagine what it would be like to be married to someone who, following so-called "Christian" meeting, arrives home and turns on you because some feeble man felt threatened by you. It'll hardly have you contrite that you missed such a wonderful meeting of uplifting exchanges. She's back to front, man, if she's got the fruitage of the spirit. She sounds closer to a fishmonger's wife with a fish bone stuck down her throat.

Do you love this incredibly tiresome woman? Do you want to live with her, given the way she speaks to you and drips with emotional blackmail? What's to love, to like and to admire?

Hell, man, there'd have to be something monumentally special about a spouse for me to put up with this kind of childishness.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit