Email from my JW brother

by nicsfreedom 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Fernando
    Fernando

If one asked a Watchtower follower to explain the "Good News" according to Paul from their heart, it would soon be clear they know nothing about "the truth of the good news" (Gal 2:5,14; Eph 1:13; Col 1:5).

More than half the NWT's roughly 152 references to "good news" are by Paul!

(Why do followers of the Watchtower religion call themselves “publishers of the Good News” whilst unfamiliar with the “Good News” according to Paul, Moses, Isaiah and Psalms?)

• steve2
    steve2

Someone who so easily unfriends you from Facebook and then friends you again is driven a bit too much by their emotions for my liking. You're right to not respond to his offer so soon. In a perfect world you could insist he start behaving like an adult, instead of a child, before you'll consider his offer. But since this isn't a perfect world, you might have to accept this is the way your older brother is - but you choose whether you want to accept his offer. I'd keep him waiting for a bit - God knows, he's kept you dangling his own sweet time. It is so hard to relate to JWs adult to adult because they are beholden to a very proud and image-conscious religious organization.

• nicsfreedom
    nicsfreedom

Fernando, If I am given the oppurtunity I will share those scriptures with him. He said he wanted to hold off on discussing scriptural topics right now. I have been debating as to whether I am going to engage any JW until they research that their bible is corrupt or they can simply use a different translation for discussions. Anyway, that is a whole other topic.

Steve, You are totally right! I wish I had seen your advise before I listened to everyone around me saying "you should put him on right away".

The more I am pondering on the conversation I realize that he had an agenda. He wants to keep me slightly attached to the family so he an act like nothing is wrong when it benefits him. He also does not want his girls or non JW's relatives to think ill of him partaking in the shunning. He did not let speak very much in the convo. He doesn't understand why former members would be hurt, ridiculous! While he was talking I kept thinking he must be in a different religion then I came out of. He made comments like i hate it when people use labels...well he never answered to the fact that I have proof he called me an apostate behind my back after I moved. I will spare you all the details, but I realized he open the door so I am gonna go there....

I am starting a letter since he can't cut me off like he did in the convo. So, if anyone has any suggestions I am not rushing the letter. The communication is on my time frame now

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit