HI! im new here...

by outofthelionsden 51 Replies latest forum tech-support

• outofthelionsden
    outofthelionsden

thank you all so much, I feel so special today with such a warm welcoming from everyone!! As many of you said I am so lucky to have my husband with me, I grew up with no extended family no uncles , aunts cousins nothing due to my parents becoming jw's. Since there family did convert then they had to stop all association with them, So I grew up with a family of pioneers, elders and circuit overseers( they are all hard core jw's)

but sincerely its been about 2-3 years that we felt strange, I personally felt like something was wrong but obviously I just thought it was me not being spiritual enough, many in my family thought i didn't love jehovah and the organization as I should..nothing was ever good enough.( i was always the black sheep , the one who would think out of the box)

we felt so tiered and emotionally drained for so long, but ever since we found TTATT its as if our blindness was taken away and we can see for the first time! its a great feeling to just be u and make your own choices in life. Im trying to take my time at first i felt frustrated wanting to know everything and reading like crazy but know im taking it day by day , it took me more than 30 years to get this way so I think I have time to figure life out.

some of you asked how my family got my info and I believe that they just went on websites like spokeo.com all they need is your name and pay the fee of like$3 and they can see all online networks that you have an account with or pictures that you have posted online, it pretty scary that anyone can do that. if not then they used a family member that knows how to get on anyone's computer , they see nothing wrong with it since it was done out of love. ill soon let you all know how i learned TTATT and how I shared it with my husband..

peace & love to all

• moshe
    moshe
    it has been many months that they stopped talking to us and they even went to the extent to change there phone number so that I cannot contact them and this is from family that I talkted with daily.

That is no obstacle to communication! This is what you do- find a sympathetic neighbor or clergyman-

A-give them your message to the self-righteous JW family member- have them write it down-

B- have them go and ring their doorbell-" hello Mr and Mrs Kumquat, are you JWs? I have an important message from a family member"- -reads message-- - hands them the message- "I have an idea, why not give them your telephone number so I don't have to come back here again next week, that's what Jesus would do"

I doubt that it will take more than two doorbell rings to bring them around - I suggest they show up to ring the doorbell at 10:45pm.-

• Thor
    Thor

Hi outofthelionsden and a warm welcome to you and your husband!!

Mrs.Thor

• ruderedhead
    ruderedhead

Welcome! How wonderful that your husband is exiting with you. Sad that your other family members are shunning you, but it is their loss. Did the Aunts/Uncles/cousins that your family shunned become jw's? If not, could you possibly re-connect with them? All the best to you!

• outofthelionsden
    outofthelionsden

ruderedhead- no my aunts and uncles never become jws as the matter of fact they havent spoken to each other for over 40 years. i was able to find a few cousins on facebook and weve been able to chat and re-connect but now we all live in different states.

• Brother of the Hawk
    Brother of the Hawk

Welcome!! oufthelionsden, will hubby be posting also? I have deep feelings for what you are going through, as NE (my wife) stated, we age going through a very similar thing, right now. One of the two elders who showed up Monday is my cousin by marriage, we became very close, so I thought.

Hang in there it does get better, and better and better and better,. It is very good that you have support, each other. If you ever need to just talk please feel free to PM us. NE and I have been associated with this crazy religion for over 40 years. We understand there are times for private contact. Please feel free to do so.

Welcome to the journey that is the rest of your life's.

Affectionately: Brother of the Hawk (I will surrender my mind no more, forever)

• TotallyADD
    TotallyADD

It's late for me and I just saw your thead so all I can say is Welcome, Welcome and Welcome. Everybody story seem to have a common thread to it. My hope for you is your husband and you stay strong and face your new life with great joy. Take care. Totally ADD

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

WELCOME ,WELCOME may you find the support and comfort here that your family has unlovingly withheld from you . When I first came here I learned the term 'emotional blackmail' ,and how our JW family uses this technique to guilt us into behavior that they wish .

You are making the best choice for your children to live a happier ,free life .Just remember that when the road seems to be getting rough.

My husband and I walked away from the religion a few years ago for similar reasons as your own . I had known for a few years that things were just not right ,but conintued to believe it was just me ....until I found this site and hundreds of other people that shared my same feelings and thoughts . It did seem like an emotional roller coaster for a while especially when friends and family began the shunning actions . But honestly it does get better and especially if you jump right in and start living life !

Good luck with the transition ,and don't be shy to post when you need a helping hand .

• Scott77
    Scott77

"...I was scared do to family investigating me and paying online to find all websites I was viewing and signed up to, that's how they found out I was becoming an ex-witness..."
    outofthelionsden

This sounds like a Nazi Gestapo police. Going all that way to pay a presumably a private investigator to track your online habits is really the height of instruction. That tells how the Watchtower is a very dangerous organisation.

Scott77

• smiddy
    smiddy

You are very fortunate to have your hubby on side ,welcome to the forum

smiddy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit