HI! im new here...

by outofthelionsden 51 Replies latest forum tech-support

• JeffJ
    JeffJ

Welcome Outofthelionsden! It is always "happifying" to see new members.

• Comatose
    Comatose

Welcome, the wife and I are like you as well. Hang in there. Look forward to your story.

• Adiva
    Adiva

Hi and Welcome.

We're all family here, quirks and foibles but there is also genuine love and acceptance. Congratulations on really living the rest of your lives the way you wish to.

BTW, I actually had to laugh when I read that your family paid money to find out what websites you were visiting. Poor things. They really need to get a life.

Cheers!

Adiva

• clarity
    clarity

Hey...nice to have you on here!

You have probably gone thru the worst part now.

This wt society keeps its members so off balance

with all the doctrinal changes & crazy explanations

that are 'clear as mud'.

After that, all it takes to make them shun,

is for a loved one ...to not follow the program!

They are set on a default program .....

no thinking involved! LOL

Congratulations to your family...stick together

and keep digging around until you are positive

that there is no truth to what they say! It is a cult

clarity

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Hey Lions den,

I am sorry to hear your own flesh and blood are shunning you. it seems more and more common to hear of shunning someone who hasn't even been disfellowshipped. Where are they getting this from!

But think of it this way, many here don't even have their immediate family. My wife continues to go, and while I am working on her, she basically attends because all of her friends and family are still there. She will probably never leave, and we have a toddler, who now we both don't want to learn JW doctrine. It is an unwelcome balancing act. In some ways, you may have ripped off the bandaid, and been through the worst of it.

How in the world did your family not living with you get your computer browsing history? Seems odd and illegal.

• happy@last
    happy@last

A big welcome here, and so happy you have your partner with you, welcome to your new life.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Welcome! Congratulations for signing up for college.

I am sorry that your extended family is being so foolish.

You might enjoy visiting a party store and stocking up on decorations for the next event; a birthday, Thanksgiving, then Christmas! The best time to buy Christmas decorations is just after Boxing day.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Welcome, outofthelionsden!

I'm sorry that your family is shunning you even though you're not even DF'd or DA'd.

This is just further proof that this is a high-control cult and not a legitimate religion (if there even is such a thing).

I look forward to your story.

Oubliette

• Terry
    Terry

Welcome to the hospital on the boulevard of broken dreams where triage continues 24/7.

A new face, a new voice, a new story to tell is always welcome. Just be aware that you are crossing a bridge from

absolute certainty to a place where some of us are convinced the world is flat while the rest of us realize it is only a cube hanging on a banyon tree branch.

When I got the giant Jehovah footprint on my sore butt in 1979 I had no idea I had been set free of all that would drag me down. So, naturally I

bemoaned my outcast fate and troubled deaf heaven with my bootless cries. That is, until I took some Pine-sol and wire brush to the inside of my skull and tossed in a giant trash bag every bloody word of "TRUTH" ever that crawled in my ear.

Once you RE-DEFINE every word, every concept and every thought planted in your mind it is smooth sailing on an open sea in summer weather!

Don't take any of us seriously.

Come pull up a chair and relax. The worst is over!!

• GoneAwol
    GoneAwol

Welcome, never ever ever stop learning. From GoneAwol and Free and Happy outofthelionsden

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit