The only thing a JW needs to know to be set free from their religion

by yadda yadda 2 24 Replies latest jw friends

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Here it is:

Billions of human beings right now are Muslims, Hindus, Buddhists, etc, etc. They do not know a jot about 'Jehovah' or the 'Watchtower Bible & Tract Society of New York" etc etc.

What is going to happen to these billions of persons at Armageddon?

In your heart of hearts, do you really, honestly, truly believe a God of love is going to slaughter all of them because they never took a Watchtower and Awake magazine on a Saturday morning?

Most JW's will privately admit they do not believe this.

Do you?

Your most honest, heart-of-hearts answer to this question holds the key to being mentally set free.

• jean-luc picard
    jean-luc picard

Unfortunately the reasonning is this:

jah knows their hearts.If he sees that they are looking for the truth he will see that they find it.

Sorry, but they have an answer for everything.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

The only thing they need to know is that the GB are men, and the JW are worshipping and obeying these men regardless of how wrong they might be.

Once a JW sees this, the rest becomes clear.

But if they do not want to see this, not one thing can be said or written that will cause them to question the GB. Not one.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

I agree with JLP: JWs reason that God will make sure anyone he wants to survive Armageddon will find "The Truth", a.k.a. The Watchtower. They'll go through all kinds of legalistic, "scriptural" acrobatic arguments to justify this opinion.

If a person is "unlucky" enough to be born somewhere on this earth where they have little or no chance of ever talking to a JW, like China, Afghanistan, India, or the Amazon Rainforest, JWs just reason that God doesn't see anything good in their hearts...otherwise he would've ensured they were born somewhere else, like Brooklyn.

I have heard JWs outspokenly say they do not believe a person must be preached to by JWs and accept WT teachings to be saved.

As much as WT likes to think it has effectively hijacked every JW conscience to conform to WT dogma, it just isn't so. Some JWs still have an open heart and see WT nonsense for what it is- untenable.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

We look forward to welcoming those half awake ones here, once they wake up just a tad more, that is all it will take.

• Emery
    Emery

I would simply say, "The WatchTower apostasized from God before, during, and after 1919 through false prophecies. They are not God's chosen organization."

• Mum
    Mum

I disagree. The brainwashing is too well done. In general, JW's can turn off feelings as well as logic better than anyone else.

Once I asked a Baptist minister a similar question. His response was that he could not be concerned about all the souls who are "lost."

• gingerbread
    gingerbread

This question was the beginning of an honest evaluation of my religious upbringing and what I had come to know as the "Truth."

I knew that Jesus required Christians to love their neighbor as they do themselves. So, I put myself (mentally) in the shoes of another - perhaps a person who was my age, born in the Middle East, a follower of a non-Christian faith who is just getting on with the business of life... And an all knowing, loving and compassionate God was going to use his Son to destroy me, my family, my friends, etc just because we were born in this time period of "the end" in a part of the world that JW's didn't preach in? I was "ignorant" of the "Truth." But I was a really good person/spouse/parent who was compassionate, friendly and supportive of my family, neighbors and community...

It began a continual nagging in my mind that maybe, just maybe, we JW's have things kinda messed up. That was a new beginning...

• moshe
    moshe

A good point, but it won't matter to a JW. They have bought into the WT brand of religion. hook, line and sinker. . Meaning, they won't die at Armageddon, unlike other 99.9% of the population and they will get to live forever on a paradise earth as perfect humans-- forever. That's really GOOD NEWS!! Cool, they get to cheat death twice!! What a great religion- and JWs don't easily give up that false WT promise.

• UnConfused
    UnConfused

I recall a comment years ago from a GB member saying of the Muslim countries that "they have rejected the truth" assigning them death.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit