When all seems ok....

by Tylinbrando 11 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• happy@last
    happy@last

Hi, can I just pick up on something you said: "by all appearances doing great"

She is doing great, getting through each day after what she went through is doing great, achieving what she is achieving is amazing. I suffered abuse for 5 years until the age of 12, and I didn't do anything great at school, I couldn't be bothered.

I didn't get help until I was nearly 30 years of age, I am now 40 and still not a day goes by without some reminder. I have learned how to cope through therapy and talking to a close friend.

I would say the one thing she needs to feel is the love of her family and friends, a reminder like that can take you back to the time of abuse, but there will be things she has learned to help her, and each day is an opportunity for her to flourish and achieve, which she will do with the love she receives.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Truly saddens me to hear of abuse. I'm hope your daughter will pick up therapy and continue to work through this to become the person she can. Marvelous that you are there to support her.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit