If there really is no God...

by Monsieur 14 Replies latest jw friends

• jgnat
    jgnat

As a diabetic, I am sensitive to balance, the yin and yang of life. In relationships, we have the opposing needs of belonging and independence. If we defend a group fiercely at the expense of the individual, we have lost the balance, and a person is hurt. At the other end of the spectrum, we have anarchy. Ask Albania what that is like.

http://www.ted.com/talks/edi_rama_take_back_your_city_with_paint.html

• Seraphim23
    Seraphim23

If there were no God morality would be understood to only have grounds in the two main natural forces known, chaos and order, but beyond that no grounds at all. Consciousness however might take Gods place functionally speaking, as the mysteriousness needed to give impetus to human purpose.

• d
    d

Then we are truly responsible for our own actions to some that can be extremely frightening.

• return of parakeet
    return of parakeet

The only hope for humans is to evolve fast enough to get past our desire for certainty and our capacity for spite.

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

Monsieur,

I didn't say impossible, I only said it is gointg to take a long time as societal develpoment and pressures are trying to counter the same forces that have slowly put us on top of the food chain.

And why exactly we NEED religion to enter the picture? God has had more than ample time to fix things and he has not bothered...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit