Despite the denials from Ariel Castro's brothers, the family knew he was violent.

by wha happened? 23 Replies latest social current

• designs
    designs

You see the brothers mug shots and then see them shaved and wearing a dress shirt and tie so they could pass for a JW was just a little creepy.

More stuff is going to come out about that family. Nobody heard a baby crying come on.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

My family and teachers had to be blind, deaf, and dumb to not know that I was severely abused. Bruises were visible, friends told against my wishes, etc. No adult intervened. The grand solution was for me, the law abiding one, to leave high school and not go to college.

The prosecutor and police would demand strong proof that they did not know. Dysfunction breeds dysfunction.

My mother was abused and a JW so I suffered abuse and was a JW. It is so generational. Abusers are not bred in isolation.

Enabling is the correct concept.

• flipper
    flipper

WHA HAPPENED- Yeah, I agree. I've been saying this from the get -go that there was no way in hell these brothers or even the mother were unaware of Ariel's violent episodes. So I believe there was a cover up, a " sticking the head in the sand like ostrich " syndrome going on for quite a long time within their family. Especially if the JW scene was involved they'd REALLY try to hide it and live in denial so as not to bring alleged " reproach " on the WT organization. Such a silly , fickle way of avoiding the reality of things. Peace out, mr. Flipper

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

What if your family is so dysfunctional that you do have no idea what normal is? I wonder what the cultural norm is. What hurt me most was watching TV and seeing all these girls whose fathers worshipped them. All those kids sitting under a Christmas tree while they also have birthdays with cake and presents.

My mom did love me. When is enough enough?

I wonder if Hitler had not practiced forced sterilizations on a gross level, if we would object so much. The opposite is prob. just as bad.

Sigh.

Those girls deserve the best in life. Life cannot be too good for them.

• cult classic
    cult classic

The victims haven't implicated the brothers in the crimes. They would know. Also, the brothers didn't live with him. And they've admitted he was the strange one in the family and violent. It is odd how many people had been in the home over the years and reported that he had locks on many of the doors and guests couldn't go past the kitchen. He always had the tv or radio blaring.

If anything the family, neighbors and band members probably could have probed further into his weird hoarding behaviors. But to date, the women have not implicated anyone except Ariel.

• mP
    mP

This story is a repeat of Christianity, who completely ignore their legacy of hatred, greed and evil from the very beginning.

• mamochan13
    mamochan13

I think we tend to turn a blind eye towards family/loved ones because we want to think the best. We might question things as odd, but we will accept a plausible explanation because it makes us feel better.

I find it hard to understand the wife, the children, who didn't apparently see anything, especially when I read that she was filing charges in 2005, when he already had these girls in captivity for several years. Was the wife and her daughters still in regular contact? But remember: they were abused, too. They are creating a different reality so that they can cope.

And re the brothers cleaning up from the mug shot - um...anyone looks awful in a mug shot when grabbed from the street going about everyday business as opposed to when you are all dolled up for a family wedding.

• *lost*
    *lost*

mp what has this to do with Christianity ?

Band sorry for your pain and suffering.

cultclassic - thanks for clearing up that. It wasn't stated clearly on the news.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Did I hear right ? that the A-hole is pleading Not Guilty ? WTF ???

• *lost*
    *lost*

Did you get a load of his solicitor. Going on telly and saying how he is wrongly being portrayed as a monster ... like. WTF!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit