Book: Two Babylons - anyone read it ?

by *lost* 24 Replies latest watchtower bible

• cog_survivor
    cog_survivor

This book was standard fare in the Old Worldwide Church of God.

There was a mainstream evangelist (protestant) who took it up and ran with with it, Ralph Woodrow. He repackaged a lot of it for the modern reader. One of the really cool thing about this gentleman is that when he ended up changing his views based on the many logical inconsistencies found in Hislop's work, he reversed his opinions publically saying he had been wrong and took responsibility.

This link http://newprotestants.com/2babylons.htm is one of the many articles he's written post hislop.

• TheListener
    TheListener

A rebuttal book by Ralph Woodrow "The Babylon Connection?" is available on Amazon.

Ralph Woodrow was a Hislop wannabe and wrote a book called "Babylon Myster Religion" which was in the same line of thought as The Two Babylons. It wasn't until Ralph was questioned by a science teacher and had to back up his data that he realized just how many gross assumptions he made (as well as Hislop). Then he wrote "The Babylon Connection?" to clarify and make right what he could.

• Terry
    Terry

Ralph Woodrow was a Hislop wannabe and wrote a book called "Babylon Myster Religion" which was in the same line of thought as The Two Babylons. It wasn't until Ralph was questioned by a science teacher and had to back up his data that he realized just how many gross assumptions he made (as well as Hislop). Then he wrote "The Babylon Connection?" to clarify and make right what he could.

Now there is a Win-Win story! Woodrow gets to sell TWO books!

• Larsinger58
    Larsinger58

OMG! This is serious! A sudden dimissal of "The Two Babylons"? Now what in this book is a new threat?

Just as a historical note, the WTS published a book largely based on this called "Babylon the Great Has Fallen! God's Kingdom Rules!" But that book is not included in the WT Library CD! So the WTS has moved away from its connection to this book that they used to publish themselves and now we are seeing more distancing. So what is REALLY going on?

You know, when CT Russell first started out, he was funded by the Jewish underground, B'nai B'rth. He bragged about not taking up collections because he had a secret benefactor. Of course, they used him to promote ZIONISM.

So I'm wondering, even though the WTS is backing away from a lot of connections to "Babylonian mysteries" whether someone was not funding the WTS to promote that book at one point?

Anyway, it has a lot of great information. Case in pint, that Osiris was a black man and not that attractive. He was linked with Nimrod who was also black. Anymore, more on that later. I have to run.

I just find it interesting that at this time, all of a sudden, some focus is being made to "The Two Babylons" which is very much about the ancient mysteries of Babylon and Egypt.

It was my impression that it was really a book providing information to other Freemasons about their secret origins, parading around as a dismissal of paganism. It suggests strong ties within the WTS to paganism, which has always been an issue, especially since Russell is buried near a seeing-eye pyramid and the winged-disk appears on volumes of "Studies In the Scriptures", definitely linking the WTS to paganism and the ancient mysteries.

Anyway, I have a copy and its available online, fortunately.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Wow, yes, like 30 years ago. I don't remember much except it compared the Catholic church to Babylon the Great.

Now that I've woken up and know TTATT I see the JWs are not really all that different. In many ways they're worse.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit