Book: Two Babylons - anyone read it ?

by *lost* 24 Replies latest watchtower bible

• *lost*
    *lost*

Hi has anyone read this book. what did you think ?

• Isidore
    Isidore

I have a copy sitting on my bookshelf. The scholarship is laughable. Even the most rabib anti-Catholics will not "use" it for their argumentation today.

Interesting side note: copies of the book at one time were kept in KH literature counters.

• Brother of the Hawk
    Brother of the Hawk

Lost: I do, but have not read it yet. It is on my list to read. Get this, years ago you could get this book at the KH. I bought it to get the info regarding the cross. Yep another WT ...... misleading quote.

Affectionately: Brother of the Hawk ( I will surrender my mind no more, forever)

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

there's still one in my hall, and the JW's have quoted from it a lot in the past. The author made many claims before Babylon was excavated but since, a lot of what he claimed is untrue.

• fakesmile
    fakesmile

not a horrible book. very intertaining. punks the bejezus out of the catholic church, which doesnt require 1000 pages. written professionally and a very good example of how to format a quasi history book. that aside i never understood how hislop could draw distinctions critical of the RCC and not use the same critique on christianity as a whole. very bias. however some info is interesting and can make one think. little wonder why the watchtower bible on crack sociaty would stop reppin it.

• *lost*
    *lost*

I have heard good reviews about it. But hey, hard to know what /who to belive these days .lol

Wasn't there a discovery of an ancient library, and that's where he got all his info.

BOH sent u a pm

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

The good reviews tend to be by some Protestant/evangelical fundie groups.

The library you're thinking of is Assurbanipal's library. Layard is referenced a lot in Hislop's book.

You may be interested in other discussions about the book here:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/190090/1/Two-Babylons

http://newprotestants.com/2babylons.htm

• *lost*
    *lost*

Ann thank you

much appreciated

Very exciting stuff .....

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

If anyone ever has read it cover to cover they deserve a medal.

• *lost*
    *lost*

slim - why so ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit