Were You Ever Interrogated By The Elders?

by minimus 44 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Yes, most couples lie.

• TotallyADD
    TotallyADD

My wife and I was in a old people congregation and most of them treated us like dirt. I think they hated the fact we were young and having sex. About 5 years later I was then a new father and was working alot to feed the family. The CO visit one week and a elder assigned me to work with the CO on Sat. field service. The CO asked me why I was missing meetings and field service every month. I told him my wife and I was blessed with a child by Jehovah and I had to work more to take care of our bills. He look at me square in the eyes and told me Jehovah did not bless us with a child. I just had sex with my wife and she got pregnant and that was no reason to miss meetings and field service. That CO was the biggest asshole I have ever known. Totally ADD

• minimus
    minimus

HAHA....that's pretty funny.

• JeffJ
    JeffJ

One elder questioned me after I was seen talking to a girl (we were both 17) who was studying. He asked if I ever talked to her on the phone, saw her outside of meetings etc. I gave him my best "aw shucks no brother elder! I wouldn't do that!" Boy was he mad when he reproved me 6 months later for sleeping with her.

• minimus
    minimus

Bad Jeff.

• Think About It
    Think About It

Would you believe that I once had to fend off elders trying to interrogate me over saying the phrase "oh my god"? Yep.....oh my god. I was so bad.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

TotallyADD: having fun in public sets a bad example to others.

Typical. How dare you actually enjoy yourself.

• jean-luc picard
    jean-luc picard

dazed:

you speak of the backroom. That really is a universal expression in the borg isnt it?

I hadnt thought about it before, but no matter where you go in the world, the elders drag you into the `backroom'

Ours had an enormous window too, so everybody could see and wondered what you'd been up to.

• minimus
    minimus

I knew JWs that would drive by the Hall to see who's car was there with the elders.

• moshe
    moshe

NO- I told them to take a hike.(they drove out to my house) They seemed dejected that Bethel told them to investigate me, but didn't provide them with a copy of the letter I sent - I told the elders that it appears the brothers in NY don't trust you with that information, so neither shall I.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit