Leaving...

by LouBelle 42 Replies latest jw friends

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

Loubelle,..

Please excuse the rambling, trying to make a little sense the way that I view it.

What can a person reading this safely say to you to get you to think about that? We donlt want to say the wrong thing, accidently.

All we can do is to encourage you to seek help for the thoughts that are going through your mind at this point. What has helped me is to realize that it is possible that things will get better and if you can envision yourself down the road when things have improved and someone asked you if your glad you stuck it out and got help to get you through the rough spots and you said answer in the affirmitive, YES!!

There are professionals that will help you through these troubling times. Please seek these avenues to help you improve yourself.

Mentally we all go through quite a bit getting out of the Borg along with the things we deal with on a daily basis. I think possibly a "stepping outside" mentally and looking at the positives that you have going for you, your alive, you actually have a job, etc,.. instead of only the negatives at this point.

You know how the Japanese had those that would take their life rather than disgrace their family. I think it was referred to as "saving Face"

Im my opinion those people had too high of a percieved value of disgracing their family name, honor etc. I know that this is an extreme example of how a persons percieved value can be off kilter enough to take their own life where as someone else on the Earth will not miss a lick when it comes to embarrassing the family name. Both ends of the spectrum as to how the person deals with the issue.

You could have 2 people dealing with exactly the same issues, work, lifes issues etc,.. where one can handle it and the other can't see how to handle it.

What is the difference that makes one person be able to easily dismiss the issue and the other not? I think it is how a person has been brought up to believe or how they have come to believe how a issue should be valued. Where does this "scoring" take place?

It takes place in our minds. While we may not be able to stop all the issues, we can alter the way that we perceive the "seriusness" of the issue. We need to sometimes "devalue" the weight of the seriousness of the issue at hand.

We might need to become morelike the other group on the other end of the spectrum to be more balanced or be moved more toward the centerline when it come to giving credence to the particular issue.

Take for example Bill Collectors,.. can they eat you? No,..they cannot,... so don't worry about it as much as you may be now.

It takes a "reframing" of what you consider important to be able to relax your thoughts and the percieved seriousness of what is ailing you at the moment.

I hope that someday you can look back on this time period and say to yourself, what was I thinking, I'm so glad I hung in there. life is so much better now that it was back then.

Know that we love you and feel for your pain, I'm in no way trying to belittle your feelings, just trying to help you get through them. Again, please seek some professional help.

NJY

• Giordano
    Giordano

LouBelle if you had a broken arm or a serious infection you'd get medical help would you not?

James Thomas gave you some great information.....please get help and do it now! At least try to see if the chemical imbalances that are controling you can be reversed. Your condition accounts for most of what you are experiencing. The rational part of you needs to seek out help. A lot of people reach a breaking point and opt out, many more seek help and get past it and go on and find some measure of joy in living.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I know things seem bleak right now, but try to hang in there. I am prone to depression so I know what you mean when you say you just want to put your head down and sleep, I have had those thoughts. You are in a major depression and you need help. You can't make good decisions or look for a job or anything until you get treatment and this is not something you can do on your own. If you don't know where to start, call a suicide hotline, they can help you figure out what to do next. Your life is important and you deserve better than this, so please, please call someone. If you want to talk, PM your phone number, and I will call you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit