The Experts- Jehovahs Witnesses

by jean-luc picard 23 Replies latest jw friends

• jean-luc picard
    jean-luc picard

I was thinking this weekend of a brother I first met when I was a teenager.

Not yet an elder, this brother was very outspoken, and was viewed a kind of hero to the r&f.

An inexperienced teen, I also believed ( influenced by others) that this guy was a godsend.

Looking back, with the eyes of a more mature person, I now consider him an arrogant self opinionated bully.

He later became an elder and I might add that he also had an imposing physical appearance . But he had no education. No schooling. Many of his reasonnings were just plain stupid. But he was still a bully.

But wait a minute, Jehovahs Witnesses dont need a worldly education. They have something better. God given wisdom.

THEY are experts. Experts in EVERYTHING.

They know better than doctors, councellors, social services. Everybody.

You cannot tell them anything, they cannot learn anything, THEY KNOW BETTER.

Who needs god given wisdom. It is stagnent. It never evolves, never learns from its mistakes. Never moves forward.

It is a barrier to human advancement.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

My dad said once that if everyone was like them we wouldn't need prisons, but we'd still be living in caves.

That being said, there r JWs who appreciate knowledge and education. I was one of them. Granted tho, I was in the minority.

• *lost*
    *lost*

Jean exactly.

You ar spot on there, and from what I can tell, based on the information that comes through here, the people that make the 'yes' men,

the slave masters that wield the whip, are the types you describe there. Everyone knows, socially, how do you control people

in the most effective way, without them even knowing they are being controlled, ignorance and fear.

Ignorance - lack of education, open debate and discussion, information sharing keeps one in the dark mentally. They don't know no different.

Fear - so many different ways of inducing fear in people to control them psychologically, not just physically.

That is why the dark ages, were called, the dark ages.

Why did 'the world' go backwards after the fall of the roman Empire ??? Who took up the mantle of power and was in the driving seat

after Rome fell ??

The 'new creation' system of control - THE Roman Catholic Chuirch,. and their history speaks for itself doesn't it.

• jean-luc picard
    jean-luc picard

there r JWs who appreciate knowledge and education.

Too true Julia.

Of course my observation is a general one. There are 10's of thousands who quit the Borg every year ( hey theres some good news ).

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

Growing up in the borg, I too was brainwashed to think that jehovah's witnesses were always a notch above everybody else. After all we had divine education while everybody else had satan's education. And if one read the awake for 6 months , it was the equivalent of a college education.

• Splash
    Splash

You forgot one Jean-Luc,

They also know better than the police and judicuary.

Splash.

• Jaidubdub
    Jaidubdub

I was quite lucky coz my mum came from a country that experienced war while she was of school age as was forced to leave school after her first 2 years. She found it hard to find a decent paying job with her limited education once she migrated to another country. She made a promise to herself she will do anything in her power to ensure we - her children - got an education that will allow us to live comfortably & support ourselves. Shendidnt wantnus to have the struggles she did coz of her lack of education. It wasn't easy as we were very poor after my parents divorced and mum went without so much just to ensure her kids were educated... Even though she has always been a very faithful jw, in this instance, She totally ignored the Borg's opinion on education...

• punkofnice
  • sspo
    sspo

Yes, they were experts in every field.

Never forget a single, young elder giving talks about marriage and sex and coming off like he knew everything

needed to have a happy wife.

Once he married, 18 months later, his wife got a restraining order against him.

• jean-luc picard
    jean-luc picard

sspo: LOL

Jaidubdub:Your mums special.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit