I am one of the Anointed

by Crazyguy 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

I realise now that all true Christians that believe in Christ and get baptized are anointed with holy spirit, making me one of the Anointed. I also believe the symbolic number of 144k are the first-fruits that will be pick by Yehovah but no distinction until then (Romans chapter 3). So since there's a scripture in 1John i think that says the anointed will not need to be taught by others and will have understanding, I'm thinking of telling the elders 'do to the fact that i'm now Anointed i no longer need to go to their meetings. What do you guys think??? I'm thinking fast fade with out any repercussions.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Its a logical thought. However, there would likely be repercussions. Then, there is your situation w your wife to give a thought to. Anyhow, keep thinking about things.

S

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Research some fade methods. It's saved me heaps of problems with elders. You can't reason with them so best to avoid them. Glad you found Jesus! Jesus is really what it's all about.

• Fernando
    Fernando

As Julia said.

PS - Although believers do receive the Holy Spirit, or an anointing, no fallen humans (sinners) are ever referred to as "the anointed" in the NT.

"The anointed" (or Ho Kristos in Greek) is always correctly translated as "the Christ" even in the badly mangled NWT.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

So is everyone, including other religions.

• donny
    donny

I became self annointed a few months ago.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I agree that all Christians should partake. The problem that you will encounter is this: All JW's who do not partake truly believe that only the GB are really anointed, no matter what they may say. The INC. in WTBTS inc., has taken over and kicked the bible out of the picture. The r&f cannot get past the theory of " The Channel".

The bible does not teach that there are 2 classes of Christians. Let's say the original plan was for humans to live on the earth for the sake of argument, well that plan was altered considerably. All the Bible really promises is the restoration of all things at some point in time. There are not 2 domestic classes either, one with a mediator and one without. All are under the new covenant, which is for the forgiveness of sins, and Christ is the mediator of that covenant.

According to the WT lesson yesterday, having knowledge and not needing to be taught applies only to the anointed. Who are the " real " anointed, the FDS/GB. Even if they are wrong for decades, and people die or their lives are ruined, they are THE channel.

I say pray about your plan, and go for it. Nothing will ever change if you don't take action. You may be viewed as mentally imbalanced and left alone by the Elders, so your plan may work. It worked for David. Jw's love that guy...

• Watkins
    Watkins

I believe what you say is true, crazyguy - but does your wife believe it too? The elders are the least of your worries about 'fading fast' - family first!

watkins

• designs
    designs

'You are special' Mr. Rogers

• moshe
    moshe

Anointed- that's a really old pagan idea that impressed the 1st century converts.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit