Blondie's Comments You Will Not Hear at the 05-12-2013 WT Study (HEART)

by blondie 33 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

(Ezekiel 8:12) . . .“Have you seen, O son of man, what the elderly ones of the house of Israel are doing in the darkness, each one in the inner rooms of his showpiece? For they are saying, ‘Jehovah is not seeing us. Jehovah has left the land.’”

So speaks the WTS and their representative the GB. They don't need God...jws don't need God, they have the GB.

Great comments everyone. I learn every time from you.

Blondie

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Thanks Blondie!

"DO YOU enjoy eating figs, either fresh or dried?"

Not anymore. Why didn't they just go ahead and start the article with, "Figs are a delicious testicle-shaped fruit. And speaking of testicles, the Bible says that we need to circumcise our hearts. Are you circumcised? More importantly, is the foreskin your heart circumcised? Even more importantly, are you a good fig with a circumcised heart? If not, you better get that done before you murder someone or don't extend hospitality to them."

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

You guys are all missing the point here. What the writer is trying to say in this article is that when a fig is cut open a certain way, it will have the appearance of an uncircumcised vagina (if you have an uncircumcised heart)...

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

It is interesting how WT tries to downplay the amount of 'bad figs' there are in the 100,000+ congregations worldwide having moral problems.

Par 10 says: 'It is not that many Christians in the congregation are walking in badness or becoming "bad figs". And then again in par 15: 'Happily, most Christians do not have such a "heart problem."'

Yet there is the illustration on page 10 of a 'brother' taking a longing look at another woman's attractive figure. Page 11 is another illustration of this same brother intensely working on correcting his improper desires. Page 12 shows everything is hunky dory with the brother and his wife apparently after she herself has put effort in making herself less plain looking. And they live happily ever after. Yah right!

Truth is marital problems are rife among JWs....and that' s the reason for the article!

Thank you Blondie.

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

I threw this question towards a JW this week, "Why do JWs want so badly to be a Neo-Judasim by using all the rules and regulations of the OT, yet they break all those rules they claim to embrace?"

When I was in Mexico last year, I hated it when my natives (business and conmen) would yell "Ey Amigo! Hermano!", I feel the same when I was in the Kingdom Hall, we had no friends unless we were going to help them with their needs. Our "Loving Brotherhood, they were conditional and conditioned to dump anyone speaking the Bible with the Watchtower Filtration System. Once you use the words Jesus and Love the friends at the Kingdom Hall start to look at you like your a Apostate!

I am tired of the JW Theology coming from the "Slave" who picks through certain OT topics yet breaks the OT topics Jesus Christ warned they were doing! (Isaiah 58) (Mark 7)

I know good JWs who have put their faithful parents in Rest-homes and have yet to visit them in over a decade! Me, the anti-JW now, I visit the elderly JWs the neo-judasim JWs leave to die, why do they want rules the Jews were unable to keep?

I love how you show how ironic the Watchtower and their Doctrine of the Old-Testament is Blondie, some day they will pull their heads out of their Mishna and rule-books and realize they are not a religion of Love, but of hatred and works!

"Go learn what this means, I want mercy not sacrfice!" JWs feel they have no Holy Spirit unless the Watchtower Society personally tells them Jehovah is blessing them, are they insane or part of a cult?

"

That Which Defiles Mark 7

1The Pharisees and some of the teachers of the law who had come from Jerusalem gathered around Jesus 2and saw some of his disciples eating food with hands that were defiled, that is, unwashed. 3(The Pharisees and all the Jews do not eat unless they give their hands a ceremonial washing, holding to the tradition of the elders. 4When they come from the marketplace they do not eat unless they wash. And they observe many other traditions, such as the washing of cups, pitchers and kettles. a )

5So the Pharisees and teachers of the law asked Jesus, "Why don't your disciples live according to the tradition of the elders instead of eating their food with defiled hands?"

6He replied, "Isaiah was right when he prophesied about you hypocrites; as it is written:

"?'These people honor me with their lips,

but their hearts are far from me.

7They worship me in vain;

their teachings are merely human rules.' b

8You have let go of the commands of God and are holding on to human traditions."

9And he continued, "You have a fine way of setting aside the commands of God in order to observe c your own traditions! 10For Moses said, 'Honor your father and mother,' d and, 'Anyone who curses their father or mother is to be put to death.' e 11But you say that if anyone declares that what might have been used to help their father or mother is Corban (that is, devoted to God)- 12then you no longer let them do anything for their father or mother. 13Thus you nullify the word of God by your tradition that you have handed down. And you do many things like that."

14Again Jesus called the crowd to him and said, "Listen to me, everyone, and understand this. 15Nothing outside a person can defile them by going into them. Rather, it is what comes out of a person that defiles them." [16] f

17After he had left the crowd and entered the house, his disciples asked him about this parable. 18"Are you so dull?" he asked. "Don't you see that nothing that enters a person from the outside can defile them? 19For it doesn't go into their heart but into their stomach, and then out of the body." (In saying this, Jesus declared all foods clean.)

20He went on: "What comes out of a person is what defiles them. 21For it is from within, out of a person's heart, that evil thoughts come-sexual immorality, theft, murder, 22adultery, greed, malice, deceit, lewdness, envy, slander, arrogance and folly. 23All these evils come from inside and defile a person."

Jesus Honors a Syrophoenician Woman's Faith

• Robert7
    Robert7

"Circumcision of the heart", now doesn't that strike anyone as odd? An article relating the heart to a piece of skin from a penis? Mentioning foreskin and circumcision over and over again in a public study with families? Just odd and inappropriate. Just another red flag that shows there's something wrong with the writers!

• Emery
    Emery

I just so happen to like my foreskinned heart thank you very much.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Blatant mixing Judaism and Christi-SCAM-ity. This article is trying to say that we, as xians, must follow Jewish principles in addition to those from Jesus--the same kind of examination as the ancient Jews were supposed to do is also required. And when are they going to quit using Tyrant David as an exemplar? That thing may well have been an exemplar to the Jews, but Christians are not supposed to follow that scumbag! For a Christian religion, they sure leave out Jesus.

As I have said, either honestly proclaim to be a Jewish-Christian hybrid religion and let people decide whether to stay or leave on that basis, or quit claiming to follow Christ and then put Jewish laws and principles in the religion. Hypocrisy is always worse than the original act and makes the original act that much worse. And, it usually leads to, or is, stupidity. At least with Satan, I get to denounce Christ and his principles so I am no longer bound to them--but I am honest, and people can and should make their decisions based on open facts instead of deception.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Being a writer for the Watchtower Corporation has got to be the worst job in the world. If I had to write this crap to keep my (non wage earning) job at Bethel and the Governing Body happy I'd take a gun to my head and pull the trigger because of all the mental acrobatics i would have to use to write this utter bullshit.

I feel strangely sorry for these writers that work for the Governing Body and wonder whether or not some of them are severely depressed and wish they could make a career change because being a writer for these power hungry kooks on the Governing Body has got to be the worst low/no paying of the century.

It's no wonder all articles are anonymous, what writer in his right mind would want his name associated with the garbage found in the WT these days

• heathen
    heathen

Well maybe if the book publishing corporation circumcised their brains they might actually have something intelligent to say. They are the ones causing problems with all the lies . You tell people the end of the world is so close because the generation of 1914 is not supposed to ,pass away, then turn around and say you don't know what a generation is and refuse to admit a blatant lie but would rather accuse those that see the truth of having a rebellious spirit or uncircumcised heart or some such weird nonsense . That one paragraph of stating that most crhistians aren't hypocrites is pointless since their whole schtick has been about condemning all the churches claiming to be christian . paragraph 10 . GAG

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit