Blondie's Comments You Will Not Hear at the 05-12-2013 WT Study (HEART)

by blondie 33 Replies latest jw friends

• clarity
    clarity

Whoooooooe ...Used to read these idiot magazines - for 50yrs,

but this 'takes the cake!'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

>

I now know what is meant when someone says......

"I just threw up in my mouth ..a bit",

as George Carlin would say, "H O L Y S H I T !

clarity

• BU2B
    BU2B

This seemed to be such a filler article, they all suck but this one was just pointless. I mean figs? foreskins of the heart? WTF?

At least this was more bearable than the one about showing honor to Jehovahs NAme in a couple weeks.. That one was filled with overt lies and baseless assertions. Amazing, but nothing new. Its buisness as usual

• piztjw
    piztjw

Baptized in the NAME of the Father, the NAME of the Son, and the NAME of the Holy Spirit?

What is the NAME of the Holy Spirit?

Anyone have a Bible verse with that NAME in it?

I bet it won't be long until one is baptized in the name of the father, the son, and the members of the GOVERNING BODY.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I don't know how you do it, Blondie. Everytime I read these review I get the same sick feeling I remember when I had to sit through this dribble.

• Comatose
    Comatose

Foreskin

• SAHS
    SAHS

“ 18 And we can work with Jehovah as

he gives us “a heart to know” him. In

fact, that is what he promised to do for

ANOINTED ONES in the NEW COVENANT: “I

will put my law within them, and in

their heart I shall write it. And I will

become their God, and they themselves

will become my people.” ”

Blondie, that was an excellent link you provided relating to the above paragraph at “jwfacts.com” under “mediator.” Lately I’ve been reading those references to “jwfacts.com” you’ve included (in last week’s study too) and find them quite interesting and telling as to exposing the particular spin being put forth by the WT.

Being raised in the organization, it can become easy to just gloss over the fact that this WT teaching – of Jesus being exclusively the mediator of the “anointed ones” (with the remnant thereof, of course, being solely among the JWs) – is in actuality quite rare among theological dogma worldwide. Indeed, not too many folks in this world would ever think about Jesus being the mediator only for some separate and exclusive (elitist) class of anointed Christians (i.e., anointed JWs). If you were to run that by any average person on the street, then I believe a well-deserved “WTF!” would be forthcoming from their lips.

It seems rather cheeky and somewhat ludicrous for that little surreptitious reference to those “anointed ones” to be inserted like that into paragraph 18. I think it’s obvious that this is just another of their standard reassertions of their own unique authority as ‘masters over our faith’ and, indeed, even a kind of self-appointed “mediator” over the rest of us.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

As usual, I think that the entire focus of the article gets summed up in the final subheading, especially the first paragraph (17).

All of the gibber jabber of the article comes down to control and obedience to the Organization and accepting whatever they say as being from God.

17 What if you examined your figurative

heart and found that it was not as

sensitive to Jehovah’s counsel as it could

be and that it was to some extent “uncircumcised”?

Maybe you detected a fear

of man, a longing for prominence or luxury,

or even an inclination toward stubbornness

or independence. You would

not be the first to experience such. (Jer.

7:24; 11:8) Jeremiah wrote that unfaithful

Jews in his day had “a stubborn and

rebellious heart.” He added: “They have

not said in their heart: ‘Let us, now, fear

Jehovah our God, the One who is giving

the downpour and the autumn rain.’ ”

(Jer. 5:23, 24) Does that not suggest that

an aid in taking away ‘the foreskin of

the heart’ is that of developing a greater

fear of and appreciation for Jehovah?

Such healthy fear can help each of us to

have a heart more sensitive to what God

desires us to be.

Sensitive to Jehovah's counsel ... which of course comes only through the Faithful and Discreet Slave

Developing a greater fear of and appreciation for Jehovah ... if you fear Jehovah, you fear his Organization

• just Ron
    just Ron

I always thought that men who were circumcised were slightly *less* sensitive - all the constant friction on the glans toughened it up a bit. So in my opinion, circumcising one's heart would be likely to make it harder and less sensitive to the feelings and needs of other people. it's really a pretty good explanation as to how dubs can stand to go around knocking on doors and annoying people every week, and the shunning and the way the weak and needy are ignored.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Brokeback Watchtower: The writer has a fetish for heart foreskins? Do females have heart foreskins or just males?

Great question! Females, evidently, have heart clitorises. (Yes, that IS the correct plural form of "clitoris." I had to look it up.)

However, circumcising a heart clit is considered spiritual genital-mutiliation. And so, understandably, the GB just won't .... wait for it ... touch that!

What a whack job religion ... lol!

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

Ahh yes, foreskins, figs and circumcision, glad I'm having a beer while reading this!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit