FACT: "Apostates" are more loving and understanding than JW's

by El_Guapo 11 Replies latest jw friends

• El_Guapo
    El_Guapo

I love this site, it has been instrumental in my "waking up" As I have read thread after thread I realized something, people who have left the BORG "Apostates" (I used that term loosely, and mean no offense) are much more understanding and loving to someone who's learning the TTATT. Once someone states they don't want to give out too much personal info. while telling "their story" (for obvious reasons) NO ONE attacks the person and says if you REALLY believe the TTATT you need to defend it all times! yada yada yada, rather the answer to someone posting their story has always been understanding and loving. In contrast, in the BORG if someone if feeling the slight bit "down" there is an endless supply of "Friends" ready to pounce on someone letting them know, they are weak.

Guess what I am trying to say is, thanks to everyone for understanding that this is the most stressful/tough decision that anyone of us have made (those of us who have uber-witness families)

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

This is the only place you can come and find someone else who understands what you're going through when you discover TTATT.

Doc

• return of parakeet
    return of parakeet

Despite our many, many differences in belief, customs, and personalities, there is more love on this site than in the entire WTS cult. Why else would we all put up with one another?

To everyone here:

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Well said El Guapo !

At least here you can speak your mind, even fall out, but carry on without hard feelings .

• BU2B
    BU2B

The people found here are really the only ones in the world who truly understand what it is like to be a concious JW and then a aware ex-JW. And we are here for each other and dont judge each other like the JWs do.

Here we have Athiests, Agnostics, Christians, and many who arent sure, but all are accepted here, and can speak their mind without being rejected and shunned, and many here help each other in priactical ways.

If it wasnt for this site I literally would have went insane by now.

• BU2B
    BU2B

Also in addition, If any of us has something come up in our lives we need help with, there are thousands here with their combined wealth of wisdom and life experience standing by to help them and give their thoughts and advice. Within minutes after posting something that happened to me or an important question I had, there were more posts here trying to HELP me and who can truly empathise than could be found anywhere else on earth. Amazing the support and friendship that can be found here.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

John 13:35: By this all will know that YOU are my disciples, if YOU have love among yourselves.

Matthew 5:46 - 48: For if YOU love those loving YOU , what reward do YOU have? Are not also the tax collectors doing the same thing? And if YOU greet YOUR brothers only, what extraordinary thing are YOU doing? Are not also the people of the nations doing the same thing? Y OU must accordingly be perfect, as YOUR heavenly Father is perfect.

2 Timothy 3:1 - 5: But know this, that in the last days critical times hard to deal with will be here. For men will be lovers of themselves, ..., having no natural affection, ..., without love of goodness, ..., having a form of godly devotion but proving false to its power; and from these turn away.

• jam
    jam

Bu2b: So true, "the only ones in the world who truly

understand what it,s like to be a concious JW and then

a aware ex-JW.

Just recently my cousin from out of town was here for

a short visit. All my non-JW familes members are familiar

with the shunning I have received over the years, and what

they can,t understand is how long will it last. My cousin, older

brother and I was in the car and my cousin ask me, when was

the last time you spoke with your brother (JW Elder). My

brother interrupted and said, both me and my brother(JW) are

stubborn, I think if jam(me) call him and make the first move, we

can bring the family back togather again. Why did he say that,

because he and my sister went out to lunch with him recently and

when they were finish eating lunch and leaving, my (jw) brother

turn to my sister and brother and told them, tell jam I said hello and I

love him.

We as ex-jws know what that is all about, he don,t wont to look

unloving in the eyes of family members.

Makes him look stupid.

I told my brother, the only way I will ever have any communication

with my JW brother is to become a JW.

My cousin (A minister) said, you mean that is the only way you will

be able to speak to your brother. I didn,t tell my cousin why he

didn,t come over to visit him. I think it may have been to much to

tell my cousin, that he(JW brother) think you are leading satan organization. LOL

• steve2
    steve2

It's great to read about - and participate in - vigorous discussions, even arguments on this forum and accept the huge variability in where people are "at" individually and in terms of their experiences and beliefs. I find it humbling at times to have my views seriously questioned here, knowing those who question my views come from the same JW background and do not reject me for differing with them. In the most complimentary sense of the word, this is an intelligent, insightful forum unafraid of people's views, yet clear also about appropriate posting guidelines.

I can think of no other JW forum that operates in this way...not even the recently renamed site comes close. JWN is a credit to Simon and the many,many posters who keep the discussions alive, relevant and challenging. Oh, and the humor is fantastic...very healing to those who, like me, are prone to overdo the "serious" and "earnest" stuff from time to time.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

I agree but don't get upset when you get your first troll

FS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit