Flip Flop - Can women be Ministerial Servants?

by Splash 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• mP
    mP

Another reason not to listen to the fraud Paul. I really wonder about people who listen to this guy at all.

• Watkins
    Watkins

I think 'head covering' is taken way out of contrast - it shouldn't be taken literally as Paul was addressing one specific cultural difference in one specific cong., and it had to do with shaven-headed women - reformed/converted prostitutes if I remember right.

I think his words about women being silent are taunting(sarcastic), not literal. If he meant what he said about men and women and Jews and Gentiles being equal in God's eyes, then he can't have meant that he literally didn't 'allow' women to teach. There were deaconesses and women teachers - it was the men who had pride problems with it.

Could be wrong, but that's my take on it.

• steve2
    steve2

It is instructive that, despite the keep-women-in-their-place focus of the organization, women still outnumber men by about 3 or more to 1. What's that about?!

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

Watkins:

I think 'head covering' is taken way out of contrast

I posted some thoughts gained from research on headship and head coverings here (my post # 353), in case you are interested.

Take Care

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit