I just feel alone

by joe134cd 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• flipper
    flipper

Hey Joe- Remember we are here for you my friend, O.K. ? We live in a lonely world indeed, but I've found it becomes less lonely when I reach out to my unconditional friends here on the board and elsewhere. I'll PM you my phone number if you ever want to chat O.K. ? Hang in there

• flipper
    flipper

JOE- You have a PM, check it please/ Take care

• Newly Enlightened
    Newly Enlightened

Hey Joe, You're not alone, we're here for you.

JW's only have conditional love. They will only associate with you if you are in the same box they are in. Itsy bitsy is right. Archeology & history is a great place to start.

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

Hang in there Joe lots of us have been and still are in that boat with you!

• ruderedhead
    ruderedhead

Joe, you're not isolated, you have everyone on this board. You can pm anyone and we will respond, and flipper has apparently given you his phone number. He seems like a great guy, so you might want to use that number.

Is the weather nice where you live? Do you have the ability to get out and walk/bike/rollerblade? Get out there!

What are your interests? Politics? Health? Gardening? Please try and find a group to join where there are people that share your interests and that will give you less of a feeling of isolation. That may help fill the social void you are probably feeling.

Have you found a new spiritual home? If not, perhaps you could look for one. You will probably not find a perfect one, but I believe that filling your spiritual void will assist in lifting your spiritual lethargy. Many also are involved in the community, so they may have some type of program you would be interested in helping them with.

Can you take a class through your Community education dept., or at the local community college? Hopefully you will find things that will fulfill you, and you can lose these feelings you are having. Feel free to pm me anytime! All the best to you!

• jgnat
  • wasblind
    wasblind

Volunteer Joe, get involved in somethin' New to you

There's plenty of places where you can volunteer

and get aquainted

The balls in your court, you can take a swing at it

or let it pass you by. It's your call

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Isolation is very difficult, it can actually be physically painful.

Keep in mind that one of the reasons WT policies and practices are what they are is to control us.

I know it's hard now; I've also been there in my psychological oubliette, but you can make new friends.

In fact, you will find in time that never-dubs and ex-JWs make better friends because they will love you for WHO you are, not WHAT you (pretend to) believe.

Talk to us ...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit