Is it WHAT you believe that is important...or...is it HOW?

by Terry 31 Replies latest watchtower bible

• myelaine
    myelaine

dear James Thomas...

thank you for your response.

I had read what you said about the sugar cube before, the first time you wrote about it. I thought it was interesting. I tend to believe that in spite of the very small amount of "us" that the human body contains people are immeasurably more valuable than their gross weight :) someone elses "one seven billionth of one teaspoon" of ideas alone can actually cause another person to move physically, can't they?...impel them forward AND provide them momentum.

anyway, I don't think you're a fool if that's what you're saying. I was giving your (I don't know what to call it, belief, experiential philosophy?) some thought last night. I don't want to experience it because I don't think it is a healthy approach to life, if it works for you in some way I would be interested in hearing about what benefit you have found it to have for you personally.

what I was thinking last night is that if nothing can be known about this "Source" then one shouldn't be too dogmatic about calling it the "Source" first of all. also if a person has to give up time, thoughts, beliefs and energy to advance toward some kind of eventual (I don't know, connection?) with the "all" or the "Source"...but this "Source" doesn't encourage questions (you can't actually know), give any answers or provide for hope of anything in return...can it even be called a "Source" when in theory it acts like a parasite? (no offense).

so...those are just some of my thoughts. Have you ever thought about what you believe and asked yourself questions like this?

love michelle

• Terry
    Terry

Transcendence...

Does God make this voyage to us the way we make the journey toward "Him"?

The Scriptures of any religion are offered as proof positive that the answer is "yes".

What must we ask?

Would God have revealed anything to us that we could or would normally think byourselves ?

God reaches from immaterial divinity to mundane material humanity and He does NOT produce WHAT WE would produce if we are FAKING it.

That is, the infinite talking to the finite is an interesting kind of jump across a bridge. We may imagine it as we create Martians and Bigfoot out of sliced vegetables and broth or we may fake it by trembling and uttering gibberish. But--what we cannot do is improve the human species with it--if it ends up consisting of our own imagination. Transformation of species is the only test.

And to what extent does this independent intellect, the mind over matter, to what extent is it critical for approaching revelation or understanding it? Well, beyond fakery, it is all we have!

A final point to be made and then we close.

Any of us--all of us--who cross the divide between the material world into Transcendence to touch the face of the God who lives, who knows and who wills--cannot return from this leap the same Person as we were before. If we do return the same-- all we possess is the Emotionally Overwrought inarticulate gibberish rather than transformation. Moses before Sinai cannot be Moses after Sinai if God was on that mountain.

An ordinary cook cannot fake a masterpiece meal.

An author of fiction cannot create characters smarter than himself. The proof is in the pudding.

The “voice” of God would not be man’s voice.

Intellect is our vehicle and it is not the atoms of a meat brain, nor vegetables nor poetry. Transcendence is our suspension bridge between imagination and the Divine. Do we return with mere “pretty” or with Beautiful? With “tasty” or with delicious? With the “tickle” or the laughter?

Jehovah's Witnesses always return with the moment before the orgasm...that...never....comes...

What have YOU returned with? Gibberish? Poetry? Doubt? Your LIFE is your proof of journey.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit