What is your experience when you stop turning in time?

by gingerbread 38 Replies latest jw experiences

• Jaidubdub
    Jaidubdub

No one gave a shit or asked when I stopped turning in time... That was several years ago even though I was still attending meetings regularly at the time...

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

When I was ill and stopped going on field service I was telephoned by an elder and asked for my hours. I said I had done nothing so he put me down for 2 hours. He said he was sure I must have talked to my neighbours and children and that would count until I was better. I never put in another time slip again.

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

For the first time in more than 6 months of inactivity, I have not been asked for my report.

I had been getting asked every month for my report, but continually said zero. I would get asked about counting time for family worship, my reply would be zero. It was getting ridiculous, they ask every month and get the same answer every month.

I thought I was going to have to ask them to stop asking. It is still not to late for someone to ask for this months, but I think they are finally getting the message.

For me, I stopped suddenly so they did or do hound me a bit. I was always regular, then witnessing stopped and meeting attendance declined. And to make it worse, I expressed doubts to elders before I was fully awake to TTATT and became inactive. This is probably part of the reason they hassle me, they want to know what I am really thinking.

So my experience has left a bizarre cultish taste in my mouth. Hounded for reports and sheparding calls constantly. But it sounds like you're doing a better job at fading. I was more of a sudden implosion.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

For me I stopped turning in time a year before I stopped going to the kh. The PO kept trying to 'encourage' me to go out more and get my time back up. Sad thing was I was going out in service I just stopped recording the amount of time spent.

• gingerbread
    gingerbread

I received a text message over the weekend for my April time. I didn't return the text. Sending a text message seems so impersonal - and as some have suggested the time sheet requirement us just a numbers game. You would think that a person who has been "in the truth" since childhood would get a phone call. I've been a JW for 40 + years. And I'm not delusional - thinking that elders are really concerned about your personal welfare. I learned - a few times over - that elders are in place for the "position" it gives them and to enforce the rules and regulations of the branch. It's a private club.

My spouse, my parents, siblings & kids are very well known in the area. The cong that I currently attend isn't the cong I grew up in - so there isn't long term personal relationships between myself and others. I stopped fulfilling school assignments two years ago and now attend 2 or 3 sunday meetings a month. I haven't answered at a meeting in over three years. Perhaps the elder body has been expecting me to become inactive. That ultimately gets the heat off of them...

You might be wondering why I'm "dragging" this exit out for so long. I show up because my elderly parents still attend. Sometimes they need transportation and the cong is their primary means of social interaction. That's all.

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Over the years, for various reasons, there have been occassions and some stretches that I didn't have any time to turn in. No one ever called me about turning in my time... until now. Just recently, I received a call, actually several within a very short time frame.

I'm in the ignoring part of my year long fade. Over and out.

• flipper
    flipper

I felt liberated and free a really great feeling - like I didn't have to account to anybody anymore for how I spent my time. A beautiful feeling ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I simply did what I could to confuse them. For a while, I would turn in my time a month late, and put it on a separate slip. I would even use a different color pen to make it look as if it was in there and they somehow missed it, shifting the guilt on them for "being careless". Then once I stopped, they probably wasted more time thoroughly hunting for it so they had less to hound me.

And I simply disappeared. From that point on, I made sure I was never at the boasting sessions. That makes it hard to hound me when they can't even get hold of me. In fact, instead of attending the REJECT Astaroth Party where they could hound me, the next year I bought a Ouija board.

• Newly Enlightened
    Newly Enlightened

ADCMS is correct. In our case, the elder did call the next 2 months and I finally told him, why should I go out in service and count time when you can't even get me my magazines to place. That shut him up, but then nothing ever since. I even e-mailed his wife [our cousin] and she can't even answer my emails now.

• wizardca
    wizardca

No phone calls. No unexpected or expected visits. No emails. No questions. :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit