Bible Teach Book has been getting a facelift WT Style

by RayPublisher 28 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

*lost*

to be fair, like or loathe, the pictures are a fair representation of the world conditions today.

Except it's not. The pictures are a representation of things that occasionally happen. It is not typical for a person to see tanks or bombers in most cities in the world. It is not typical for a person to be held at gun- or knife-point. The purpose of the images is to play on people's fears.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    Ha! yes, I see the candle has changed. That was a very important point about the soul. The smoke gave the idea that it was like a spirit that drifted out of a body.

• Adam Believed
    Adam Believed

I always got a kick out of the old pic where the thug is pointing his weapon at the victoms face in a way that the thug would get a bullet to his head too! It made me hate this pic. I thought how ignorant is the society?

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    I always got a kick out of the old pic where the thug is pointing his weapon at the victoms face in a way that the thug would get a bullet to his head too!

From the picture, it looks like the victim would be more likely to survive than the gunman. If his jaw were opened far enough he could get away with damage to the soft tissues of the face, which would require control of bleeding and some facial reconstruction, but not as bad as the exitting bullet hitting the gunman in the front of the face. Morons.

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

Witnesses accept everything the society puts out whether it is in writing or in an illustration.

That caption in the picture and the stupid picture itself is an example. "The casting of Satan and his demons from heaven has caused woe for the earth. Such troubles will soon end."

Like prior to 1914 the earth was enjoying peace with non violent people everywhere, no wars to speak of and not a hungry person in sight. So misleading the way they present 1914 as a huge turning point in history, when the world plunged into a state of constant war and violence (because of demons obviously).

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

"It is not typical for a person to see tanks or bombers in most cities in the world. It is not typical for a person to be held at gun- or knife-point."

I know. But tell that to a citizen of the third-world nation, where most of the world'speople live - and where these things DO happen on a very, very frequent basis.

Tell it out loudly from the roof tops of Damascus, of Bagdad, of Teheran, of all Afghan cities, of South European cities where 50 % of the youth are unemployed, of almost each and every one of Africa's cities, and listen closely to the reply you get.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

TheOldHippie:

Tell it out loudly from the roof tops of Damascus, of Bagdad, of Teheran, of all Afghan cities, of South European cities where 50 % of the youth are unemployed, of almost each and every one of Africa's cities, and listen closely to the reply you get.

Yep, lots of JWs preaching in Iraq and Afghanistan.

The images in the JW publication in question are primarily to scare Americans (and by extension, people in other Westernised nations).

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

My point was that shit IS happening. Millions of people are living under horrible circumstances. Millions of people in the rich Western world suffer terribly too. Most of the world does not live a Californian life. But of course, what does a LA citizen care.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    My point was that shit IS happening. Millions of people are living under horrible circumstances. Millions of people in the rich Western world suffer terribly too

No one is saying that isn't the case. But it isn't happening everywere all the time. And it's not something new.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit