Bible Teach Book has been getting a facelift WT Style

by RayPublisher 28 Replies latest watchtower bible

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

Well the book they use to conduct Bible studies is already showing its age, and just like the changes they made to the Live Forever book they are doing it to the Bible Teach book as well. Here is something I found on the kool aid site JW Talk . net:

BibleTeachbook

There's been a lot of other revisions I'll try and find more...

• Emma
    Emma

Both are disgusting. WTS is ruling it's followers with fear and coercion.

• fakesmile
    fakesmile

pictures like this are the reason i had nightmares as a child. it looks like a bad trip.

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

Interesting the JW comment that the picture has been replaced with "a much better one." What makes the new one better? That it shows an actual city in flames? Or is it just better because the F&DS chose to replace the old picture with it, therefore it must ipso facto be better?

• sir82
    sir82

Best bet is that one or both of the "models" for the crime scene in picture 1 is now DF'ed.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

well very cartoonish. And I guess the WT doesn't realize we have jets now in the airforce. Even though the book of bible stories is from the 70's, they still had a rocket along the lines of a 30's era flash gordan sci fi movie. I don't understand the buildings in the background. Are they robots?

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Hey I thought the WT said that teaching the children was the parents repsonsibility, that's why they don't have material for younger ones

• rocketman
    rocketman

Bear in mind that these drawings are not depicting Armageddon. They're depicting conditions on Earth, all of which we've seen in various news accounts and films. We've all seen footage of starving people, for example. And photos of bombed-out cities especially from WWII are readily available.

These aren't the gruesome images based on the Society's expectations regarding Armageddon that we have seen in many publications, although I'd surmise that they could swap them in for Armageddon pictures quite easily, with destruction raining from above being the only real difference.

• *lost*
    *lost*

to be fair, like or loathe, the pictures are a fair representation of the world conditions today.

It is no differnant from what they show on the news. It's real, sad but true.

look at the carnage in bangladesh with the collapsed building. I think it's at 800 dead and rising everyday. women and children.

bombings in boston.

syria

africa

pakistan now also

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

Yep Yep weird artwork either way. The newer illustration is superior from an artistic standpoint though IMO. The guy getting mugged in the first one looks like nerdy Irkel from that old TV show lol.

Here is the whole thread from the JW Kool Aid forum:

-----------------------------------------------------------

Posted 15 September 2009 - 02:51 AM

These changes quietly took place over a year ago. Did you notice? 1) See the picture on page 59. It is a candle... yet it is different from the original printing which had smoke ascending from the recently snuffed out flame. This is better because given the material subject matter it does not give rise to any kind of afterlife as some believe. The smoke ascending would be related to the "soul" going to heaven after death. So are we using the smoking addition or the non-smoking one? 2) On page 81, paragraph 15, the 2nd sentence read: 'Satan caused Adam and Eve to sin, and that delayed the fulfillment of God's will for the earth but did not change it.' The more recent printings changes the word 'delayed' to 'affected'. The use of the term 'delayed' could afford Satan some measure of power and we can't have that. No one has power over Jehovah! 3) On page 6 there was a picture of a Bible study being conducted with a Require brochure, but not anymore! The more recent printings shows the Bible Teach book instead (since the Require brochure has been retired). - Bob

#2 Shannon4Jah

Ha! yes, I see the candle has changed. That was a very important point about the soul. The smoke gave the idea that it was like a spirit that drifted out of a body. Glad they changed that.

#3 Dismal_Bliss

It's me!

Yes. I've studied with my in-laws several times over the years (it's an on again off again thing). When we were going through the Bible Teach book, she made some reference to the smoke being like the soul. She is very difficult

The only one I didn't see is about the word "delayed". Even my copy I got at the convention says "affected". At least I think it's my convention copy.

#4 Roberto Flores Member

11 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 05:30 AM

see page 182 paragraph 21 first sentence " Let the coordinator of body of elders of your congregation....", instead ...president of your congregation... Did you notice? Greetings

#5 Jonathan77 Advanced Member 193 posts UK

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:17 AM

I knew there is a 2012 revision, but didn't know what the changes were. I guess we need to make sure we are using the latest book on our studies and calls.

#6 jans Newbie Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:49 AM

Check out the photo on page 123. The hat was also changed... :-)

#8 BlueRose Advanced Member 681 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 04:56 PM

These changes quietly took place over a year ago. Did you notice?

1) See the picture on page 59.

It is a candle... yet it is different from the original printing which had smoke ascending from the recently snuffed out flame. This is better because given the material subject matter it does not give rise to any kind of afterlife as some believe. The smoke ascending would be related to the "soul" going to heaven after death. So are we using the smoking addition or the non-smoking one?

2) On page 81, paragraph 15, the 2nd sentence read: 'Satan caused Adam and Eve to sin, and that delayed the fulfillment of God's will for the earth but did not change it.'

The more recent printings changes the word 'delayed' to 'affected'. The use of the term 'delayed' could afford Satan

some measure of power and we can't have that. No one has power over Jehovah!

3) On page 6 there was a picture of a Bible study being conducted with a Require brochure, but not anymore! The more recent printings shows the Bible Teach book instead (since the Require brochure has been retired).

- Bob

Interesting. My 2005 print has the smoke ascending from the candle.....and on p.81 it says "affected." At that point it was a work in progress, I guess.

#9 BlueRose Advanced Member Full Access User

681 posts Posted 01 April 2013 - 04:59 PM

see page 182 paragraph 21 first sentence " Let the coordinator of body of elders of your congregation....", instead ...president of your congregation...

Did you notice?

Greetings

My 2005 printing says, "Let the presiding overseer of your congregation..." (I still call him that; can't remember the new title.)

#10 SUNRAY Advanced Member Full Access User

423 posts Elizabeth Florida Posted 01 April 2013 - 05:11 PM

I just downloaded the Teach book from Jw.org and it says COORDINATOR

....is President an April fools? I don't believe in that only jw tools like our website..

#11 Shawnster Advanced Member Administrator

2,623 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 06:47 PM

In some languages (Spanish was one, I believe), the term "Presiding Overseer" was "President."

#13 Shawnster Advanced Member Posted 01 April 2013 - 11:27 PM

As noted in this topic about Photo Illustrations from our Publications, the artwork about the last days on page 83 has been completely replaced. I like the new artwork. I found the mugger and his victim in the original more humorous than scary.

#14 SeedSower Advanced Member Full Access User

89 posts Posted 02 April 2013 - 04:06 AM

LOL> The guy getting mugged reminded me of Steve Urkel from the TV comedy series "Family Matters".

#17 I_want_to Advanced Member Full Access User

75 posts Margaret

Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:50 AM

Are there also updates in the January 2013 printing?

------------------------------------------------------------

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit