Who's the biggest WT villian? Russell/Rutherford/Knorr/Franz?

by Las Malvinas son Argentinas 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas

Mine is Rutherford. The Bible Student movement of Russell was badly splintered after the usurpation and was destined to fade away like the other Russellite movements. Then Judge Joe decides to rebrand with 'Jehovah's Witnesses' and concieves of many different schemes designed to put his people into danger and gaining publicity for a sect that no one really thought about any more. No man is more responsible for the JWs today as this man was. Everybody who followed was just trying to carry on his legacy.

There's no right or wrong answer. Any thoughts?

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Hey Malvinas, you stealing my material?

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/121187/1/So-Who-is-the-Biggest-Watchtower-Villain

Only joking, great minds think alike.

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas

2006? Wow, didn't know you've been around this long.

Woodworth, MacMillan, and Jaracz are good additions. Woodworth was the idiot who started the whole blood thing. He had a grudge against the medical establishment every bit as much as the Judge did against the clergy. MacMillan played a huge role in Rutherford's usurpation as he could have easily taken control himself and had the votes to do so. And good old Ted... everything I hear about the man makes me think asshole.

Interesting stuff.

• rocketman
    rocketman

I'm going to check out slimboyfat's thread - I missed it. But in the meantime, if a Poll were conducted, I'm quite certain that J.F. Rutherford would "win" hands-down. In fact, I would go as far as to say that he would garner virtually every vote.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I have to agree Rutherford should probably win the poll. But I do think Russell was a rather more sinister character than many like to imagine.

Plus in terms of pure numbers, Knorr saw the biggest increase in his presidency, and set in place all the key organizational ingredients that enable them to grow to this day.

Randy made an interesting case for Gene Smalley at the very end of my thread.

• Giordano
    Giordano

Well Russell had the money and the ego to be the head guy. He built a house of cards...they hide his books now. But without a doubt Rutherford was the evil genius. He set the WT on a track that they can't get out of or rather off of to this day. Knorr and Franz were idiots living in a fools paradise during properous times. How many lives did they and a few others ruin?

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Franz killed the most (Blood)

Rutherford is responsible for the largest loss of opportunity (Field service)

• rocketman
    rocketman

I should add that I think Rutherford win easily outdistance Russell in a Poll. I'm reading Slimboyfat's thread now, which is much more comprehensive since it includes other WT leaders, including Fred Franz, who, with Rutherford, garners a lot of votes on that thread from what I read so far.

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

Franz. Most responsible for the doctrines, in particular the ramping up of the disfellowshipping/Disassociating doctrines. These keep so many, myself included, in bondage living a lie for family sake.

• designs
    designs

Its a race between Jack Asses- Rutherford and Knorr

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit