JULY 15th Study Watchtower - NEW LIGHT IS FANTASY

by The Searcher 42 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Room 215
    Room 215

" The GB clearly doesn't do it all - they just have oversight of it. "....

I don't believe that when it comes to actual writing of articles, they don't do ANY of it.... not one of these guys has "scholar" on his resume'.... they're all a bunch of former itinerant DOs brought in to Bethel and groomed for the job (whatever that means). Not one of them has anything approaching the stature -- or gravitas, etc. of -- Franz and Knorr, not to mention Ray Franz, Ed Dunlap, Karl Adams, or any of the other "heavies" of the '50s and '60s.

• yadda yadda 2
  • DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Here is a post by AlecHolmes from another thread. It seem the GB has been keeping this nu-light on the shelf until the " proper time."

" It's funny to see and compare the Watchtower's claims with Jesus's...

John 14:6 Jesus said to him: "I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

So Jesus says he is the truth, but the WT not only doesn't acknowledge him when speaking of understanding the bible, but also says they are the only ones through whom 'truth' can be understood:

"Thus the Bible is an organizational book and belongs to the Christian congregation as an organization, not to individuals, regardless of how sincerely they may believe that they can interpret the Bible. For this reason the Bible cannot be properly understood without Jehovah's visible organization in mind." Watchtower 1967 Oct 1 p.587

Another point I found on JWFacts.com, was that Jesus says that he is the only way to God, whereas the WT says...

"Through the new covenant, Jehovah makes blessings available to many by means of a few.Those in the covenant are few, a mere 144,000. Through them, millions from all nations will be blessed with everlasting life in an earthly paradise. Some who are in the new covenant serve Jehovah on earth today. They alone properly partake of the bread and the wine because the cup "means the new covenant."" Watchtower 2012 Mar 1 p.17

Makes you think, doesn't it? "

Jeeze.. don't even get me started on the new covenant.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit