JULY 15th Study Watchtower - NEW LIGHT IS FANTASY

by The Searcher 42 Replies latest watchtower bible

• jhine
    jhine

I asked my witness friends what they thought of the new light and they did not seem to reslise that the articles wre saying that the GB is now solely the fds . They just did not seem to understand the importance of what they had read at alll.! They felt that it had made some stuff clearer and were happy with the whole thing . I tried to say that the GB had now claimed total fds status and they looked at me blankly . Anyone else had this response ?

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

this week end at our assembly the CO in one of his talks said that many are not liking the new watchtower.

This is why I think the noo lite might be a similar watershed to the 1995 generation change.

• fresh prince of ohio
    fresh prince of ohio

4 study articles. Wow. Good times at the Kingdom Hall. LOL.

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5
    this week end at our assembly the CO in one of his talks said that many are not liking the new watchtower.

He said this in a talk from the platform? Was this a CA or DC? I would love to hear this just to get more of the context.

I wonder if he was referring to the stir it has caused on the Internet among the ex-JW community, or if was referring to an actual rejection amongst the rank and file JWs, because this would be significant. I would have thought that most JWs would not even have studied this WT properly and probably won't ever.

I thought this "new idea" was great for the other sheep, it really dignifies them. That's why the GB "love it". Has nothing to do with the promotion they just have themselves.

I hope this nu-lite gets some JWs thinking, which leads them to researching and scrutinizing their beliefs. We all know this crackpot religion does not hold up to scrutiny.

• Ding
    Ding

@AndDon'tCallMeShirley: That's quite a list. Evidently, the GB thinks the entirety of history is all about THEM.

@JuliaOrwell: I'm amazed a CO would say such a thing in a talk. I thought the company line was that JWs are always happy and grateful for food they receive from the FDS.

• Scott77
    Scott77

The Searcher,

You have nailed them down.

Scott77

• man oh man
    man oh man

this week end at our assembly the CO in one of his talks said that many are not liking the new watchtower

Yes he actually said this at the circuit assembly. The context was that if you don't agree with what jw's teach then you are an opposer. Talk about not holding the punches. This is a great revelation that the rank and file are talking about this. A brother at the hall asked me if I read it yet and I said in a downhearted way "yes I read it" their was a moment of silence and then he laughed and dropped it. Wish I could have read his mind.

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

Another point. John 6 is a similar story of Christ feeding thousands. John 6:10-12 has Jesus distributing the food (note, here it does not say his disciples did it), and has his disciples collecting the leftovers.

Point 1 - Note verses 26 and 27... seems JWs are always satisfied from "spiritual" meal to "spiritual" meal...

Jesus answered them and said: “Most truly I say to YOU, YOU are looking for me, not because YOU saw signs, but because YOU ate from the loaves and were satisfied. 27?Work, not for the food that perishes, but for the food that remains for life everlasting, which the Son of man will give YOU; for upon this one the Father, even God, has put his seal [of approval].”

... but that's just a side point. The real point is next:

Point 2 - At this time, there were definitely more than 12 disciples. Note verses 60-67:

Therefore many of his disciples, when they heard this, said: “This speech is shocking; who can listen to it?” 61?But Jesus, knowing in himself that his disciples were murmuring about this, said to them: “Does this stumble YOU? 62?What, therefore, if YOU should behold the Son of man ascending to where he was before? 63?It is the spirit that is life-giving; the flesh is of no use at all. The sayings that I have spoken to YOU are spirit and are life. 64?But there are some of YOU that do not believe.” For from [the] beginning Jesus knew who were the ones not believing and who was the one that would betray him. 65?So he went on to say: “This is why I have said to YOU, No one can come to me unless it is granted him by the Father.”
    66?Owing to this many of his disciples went off to the things behind and would no longer walk with him. 67?Therefore Jesus said to the twelve: “YOU do not want to go also, do YOU?”

• Jen2013
    Jen2013

If I was a Witness I would probably call the Governing Body and ask: "Who of you guys made that one up".

• obfuscatetheobvious
    obfuscatetheobvious

Julia (and possibly manohman?)- was it Sat or Sun - I'm taking a wild guess, but from descriptions you have posted on other threads, I think my wife may be attending the same assembly hall on Sat, wonder if it will be said again. Might be interesting to get her to listen out for it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit