Ever Have A Close Call?

by rocketman 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

I absolutely have. I'd be dead for sure. I still have PTSD from what happened 16 years ago. I wound up delirious in intensive care, and was considered clinically dead. I even saw "the light". Whatever that light is, I saw it.

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

Julia:

What happened, if I might ask?

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

It's a good story, but as it's quite unusual, telling it would most definitely 'out' me to any lurking loyalists so I won't tell it.

It involved a severe allergic reaction.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

But I won't say more than that publicly as people can be allergic to many things, such as eggs, peanuts, shellfish, insects...

• brinjen
    brinjen

A tree branch fell on the caravan I was sleeping in. Can't remember specifically what tree but I do remember the 6 metre (around 20 feet) crane that was needed in order to lift the thing off. I remember dozing off then hearing this loud... crash dosen't begin to describe it. The branch came clean off the tree (termites were the culprit). Luckily, it landed at the front of the van, near the A frame at the strongest corner of the caravan. Had it been just a few feet forward there is no doubt it would have crushed the van... along with both me and the other person in there at the time.

It bought out pretty much everyone else in the park out of their vans and tents at the time. Many said the ground shook.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

NO way! That happened to a JW flatmate I had a few years ago. You never lived in Cairns by any chance?

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

I just looked at your profile- you're not her.

• brinjen
    brinjen

Nope, never been to Cairns.

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

I have come so close to death so many times.... Ever seen "World's worst road"? I travelled it on a wheezy Indian bus. At one point I looked out my window. There was no road to be seen under the tyres, no guard rail and a clear view of a cotton thread sized river 10,000 feet below. I just turned the Walkman up and hid my head! Another bus trip in Laos we were on an appropriatey named Highway 13. We passed a massive boulder that had crashed onto the road from above. Just after a head on crash with a body lying beside the road, through as village where two guys waved AK47's at us and finally drove over a "repaired" section that had collapsed into a ravine. The driver lost control in the mud and we slid towards the canyon. He just accelerated and we made it. When I finally got to my destination I had a good look at the driver. He was flying on Yabba (crystal meth).

I've had guns in my face, nearly drowned dozens of times surfing big waves and in rivers, numerous serious m/cycle and car accidents, been deathly sick in Asia a number of times (and on my own in jungle), been drugged in Thailand but escaping the jws was my closest call.

• rocketman
    rocketman

Wow, cofty, that was a close call.

Finally Awake - that might be might worst nightmare, being submerged in a car.

Doofdaddy, that's quite an experience - a driver on meth trying to negotiate a road like that. Now THAT'S a recipe for disaster.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit