The Al-Gore Heuristic for reasoning on climate change

by bohm 24 Replies latest jw friends

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

The article makes clear most of his wealth is from Current TV and Apple.

It also makes clear that his 'green' investments have flopped big time.

Fair enough, but the intent was there to profit off of a false carbon credit scam which in no way decreases co2 or helps the problem at all.

This sideshow about Al Gore is a tedious smokescreen.

A tedious smokescreen for what exactly? If anything it's a sterling example of liberal hypocrisy, and phony green at its finest. Preach asceticism for everyone else, while doing the exact opposite for yourself. Good leaders lead by example not hypocrisy.

• bohm
    bohm

Tootired2care: in other words, you accept the al gore heurestic?

• bohm
    bohm

Climate-change deniialist: brainless liiberal tree-huggers base their oppinon on climate change on al gore!!!

why dont you accept cliimate change?

climate-change denialist: aaaaaaaalll gooooreeeeeee!

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

do you guys know how much energy AL GORE uses up on a typical month?

Private jets, and mansion included?

Yes, yes I do. Isn't that the point of the op?

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

@Bohm - Tootired2care: in other words, you accept the al gore heurestic?

No, As I've stated in other threads I don't deny that the climate does change or is changing. It has always changed. The universe is constantly changing. Change will always be a constant. 125K years ago before any industrial revolution much of the ice melted at the poles -- ice core samples show this. I think what I disagree on is the idea that we should regress as a society. I believe we should accelerate advance so that we are better able to deal with the many problems that face our planet besides just the climate changing. We need to accept the reality that things change even without any influence from us and we have no choice but to adapt.

• bohm
    bohm

Well, sometimes change can be for the worse...

• Satanus
    Satanus

Getting warmer is for the worse? It has been getting warmer for 10000 yrs. Should we go back to the way it was 10,000 yrs ago. The sahara used to be forest, back then. No, you just want it like it was 50 yrs ago.

S

• bohm
    bohm

Satanus: in a hundred year, people might say something similar about the amazon desert...

but that would ofcourse also just be change.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Every change has a good and bad side, beneficiaries and casualties. For those who adapt, it takes effort. 'Course, trying to keep things from changing takes effort, too. Maybe, attempting to stop change is futile effort, wasted effort.

S

• bohm
    bohm

Satanus: the first step to be profound is not to make general statements that are obviously wrong. To see why notice cancer is also a change.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit