What do you think a witness would say when shown this quote?

by BU2B 26 Replies latest jw friends

• steve2
    steve2

The OP generously credits the rank and file Witnesses with operable and rational brain cells. Wong. Wrong. Wrong. A gnat under the influence of a bad hair day would score higher on a simple reasoning test than your average JW - and also make for pleasanter company. Facts are for people with active brains. Devastating facts - along the lines of the stunning quote from the Watchtower - are for people with active brains and a gut-full of courage - qualities sadly very rare among JWs.

• Darth Rutherford
    Darth Rutherford

I've also heard the excuse that they won't acknowledge older publications... 'truth has changed since then'... 'we don't believe that way anymore'... etc, etc.

When that happens, I like to use Matthew 7:26,27: “Furthermore, everyone hearing these sayings of mine and not doing them will be likened to a foolish man, who built his house upon the sand. And the rain poured down and the floods came and the winds blew and struck against that house and it caved in, and its collapse was great.”

The point: How important is a house's foundation? Should the foundation be ignored when living in a house? Of course not! The foundation will determine the longevity and strength of the structure. In fact, Jesus says a house built upon a foundation of shifting sand is not strong. Likewise, we cannot ignore the foundation of the organization. If the organization was built upon a foundation of truths that have since shifted like sand, then what does Jesus say will eventually happen to it? Would you trust a house built upon sand? How, then, can we trust the organization?

It makes them think...

• BU2B
    BU2B

Darth Rutherford. I will use that to show past teachings do matter and are relevant even today.

More recently.

http://www.jwfacts.com/images/watchtower-2012-feb-1-p25-camping.jpg

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

There's some good info on this thread that you may find helpful, from a time when I wasn't coping well mentally and tried, rather pathetically, to defend the WT.. I look back on this now and feel like shooting myself (not literally)..Hope it helps. http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/219689/1/The-Watchtower-is-NOT-a-false-prophet

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

marking

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

She will say that THEY (all others) are guilty of falsely prophesying. but the society is not because Proverbs 4:18 applies only to them. Therefore it is impossible for them to prophesy falsely. If they get it right then this is proof of Godly direction. If they get it wrong.....this is proof of Proverbs 4:18 at work

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

They would sincerely say thet it does not show that the WTS is ever wrong. I spoke with locals concerning wife beating (Selma and Steve, the story of an abused wife that encouraged much longer abuse) and quoting from a Nuremberg convicted Nazi theolgian. I become passionate. My friends would be passionate. They don't see any problem with it. It is scary b/c these people have a right to vote. They choose to not vote.

Facts don't matter. If they would react as a normal person would, they would not be Witnesses.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit